Asia-North Europe Headlines
News / HMM ends 2018 $720m in the red, but has high hopes for new ships and alliances
Subsidised South Korean ocean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) continued to bleed money in the ...
News / Transpacific spot rates soften early as carriers prepare for post-CNY slump
The last Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) before the Chinese New Year holiday has recorded ...
News / Carriers still aiming to add capacity on Asia-North Europe, despite softer demand
Despite warnings of uncertain times ahead for demand, ocean carriers plan to add around 10% ...
News / Ocean Alliance revamps network, adding a seventh Asia-North Europe loop
The Ocean Alliance, the largest of the three east-west trade vessel sharing agreements, has published ...
News / Container spot rates hold steady as carriers adjust capacity for CNY holiday
After a strong finish to 2018, container spot rates on the major east-west routes, as ...
News / 2M announces blank Asia-Europe and transpacific sailings for Chinese New Year
2M partners Maersk Line and MSC have advised their Asia-Europe and transpacific customers of a ...
News / Shippers hit in the wallet by rising cost of inland UK container transport
UK shippers have entered 2019 facing significantly higher inland container transport pricing, as shipping lines ...
News / Customer trust restored, claims HMM chief – now we need to work better together
In his traditional new year message to staff, HMM president and chief executive Chang Keun ...
News / Strong demand keeping spot rates firm as new bunker adjustment fees come aboard
Asia-Europe ocean carriers from have announced further hikes in their FAK rates this month after ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Supply chain radar: don't wake me up right now – 'DHL Global Forwarding, Freight + DB Schenker being considered'
- 5.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 1. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 3. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 5. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'