Asia-South America Headlines
News / Container lines 'jostling for market share' could start a new freight rate war
With the first anniversary of the Hanjin Shipping bankruptcy just passed, there are growing fears ...
News / North-south freight rates on the up, but carriers not having it all their own way
Ocean carriers have succeeded in substantially hiking container freight rates on key north-south trades during ...
News / Spot container freight rates still falling as FAK hikes fail to help carriers
Spot container freight rates fell on the major deepsea tradelanes again this week, after a ...
News / Interview: Avianca will blossom in South America even as air cargo demand wilts
Latin American air freight volumes have contracted in 26 of the last 28 months. Even ...
News / Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
There was a slight uptick in spot rates between Asia and Europe and a marginal decline ...
News / Container lines see rate rises stick across most ocean trades
Container lines this week succeeded in imposing rate increases across most routes covered by the ...
News / Capacity cuts reward container lines as rates hold steady on east-west trades
Carriers were rewarded for their proactivity in the run-up to Chinese New Year, heading off ...
News / Peak season brings some welcome shipping rate respite to beleaguered carriers
After three consecutive weeks of decline, Asia-Europe container spot freight rates this week bounced back, ...
Recommends / Tauranga port doubles up
Interesting item from last week’s World Cargo News on the latest developments in New Zealand ...
- 1.Analysis: Kuehne + Nagel on a slow path to value destruction?
- 2.K+N gets back to profit growth, but to hit 2017 targets, it must do better in Q4
- 3.Gloomy picture painted for container shipping is lightening, says Alphaliner
- 4.More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
- 5.Peak season a let-down for China-US carriers as ocean rates continue to slide
- 1. Mark Taylor on UPS to build £120m 'world-class' parcel hub at London Gateway logistics park
- 2. Ameliia Tahiir on Air cargo boom at Budapest Airport as multinational shippers move in
- 3. taparish on Delivery by rocket could change the game for UPS and FedEx
- 4. Jaye on Quit Weining, you're a species bound for extinction
- 5. Jason h on West Africa becomes the new pirate hot spot as ships fight back in Somalia