Asia-South America Headlines
News / Container spot rates in retreat as 'gung-ho' carriers jockey for market share
The Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) lost a cumulative 2.8% this week as container spot ...
News / Shippers push carriers toward bespoke container services to boost reliability
Shippers exasperated by a reduction in container lines’ service quality and reliability suggested to delegates at this ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers in new battle for market share, forcing rates down
As container spot rates on the Asia-North Europe trade continue to slide, CMA CGM has ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers prepare for battle over market share with FAK rate cuts
Asia-Europe ocean carriers are preparing for a market share battle by lowering their FAK rates ...
News / Container shipping rates could plunge after Asia-Latin America capacity hike
Container lines on the Asia-west coast South America tradelane are preparing for a fight for ...
News / Secondary trades could be more profitable for container lines this year
Ocean carriers should look to the secondary trades for the best growth prospects this year, ...
News / Maersk and Hamburg Süd revamp Asia-west coast South America service network
Maersk Line and its newly acquired Hamburg Süd subsidiary will launch a new Asia-South America west ...
News / Longer-term Asia-Europe contracts for ocean freight rates a better deal for carriers
According to Xeneta’s crowd-sourced data, average long-term contract freight rates between Asia and North Europe ...
News / Maersk takeover of Hamburg Süd may disrupt Asia-Latin America trades, warning
Maersk Line’s acquisition of Latin American specialist carrier Hamburg Süd could be a disruptive influence on ...
News / Hamburg Süd fleet could be cut as Maersk faces up to takeover conditions
Following the completion of Maersk Line’s $4.4bn acquisition of Hamburg Süd on 30 November, the ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Port of Felixstowe customers must face two more months of 'absolute chaos'
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making