Asia-South America Headlines
News / Spot container freight rates still falling as FAK hikes fail to help carriers
Spot container freight rates fell on the major deepsea tradelanes again this week, after a ...
News / Interview: Avianca will blossom in South America even as air cargo demand wilts
Latin American air freight volumes have contracted in 26 of the last 28 months. Even ...
News / Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
There was a slight uptick in spot rates between Asia and Europe and a marginal decline ...
News / Container lines see rate rises stick across most ocean trades
Container lines this week succeeded in imposing rate increases across most routes covered by the ...
News / Capacity cuts reward container lines as rates hold steady on east-west trades
Carriers were rewarded for their proactivity in the run-up to Chinese New Year, heading off ...
News / Peak season brings some welcome shipping rate respite to beleaguered carriers
After three consecutive weeks of decline, Asia-Europe container spot freight rates this week bounced back, ...
Recommends / Tauranga port doubles up
Interesting item from last week’s World Cargo News on the latest developments in New Zealand ...
News / Container shipping rates still falling, but forward data points to an 'upward trend'
Container spot rates from Asia to Europe slid for the second week running, but held ...
News / Asia-ECSA container trade shows cutting capacity can help rates, and carriers, recover
Container spot freight rates between Asia and South America’s east coast have recovered from the ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers