Asia-South America Headlines
News / Container lines 'jostling for market share' could start a new freight rate war
With the first anniversary of the Hanjin Shipping bankruptcy just passed, there are growing fears ...
News / North-south freight rates on the up, but carriers not having it all their own way
Ocean carriers have succeeded in substantially hiking container freight rates on key north-south trades during ...
News / Spot container freight rates still falling as FAK hikes fail to help carriers
Spot container freight rates fell on the major deepsea tradelanes again this week, after a ...
News / Interview: Avianca will blossom in South America even as air cargo demand wilts
Latin American air freight volumes have contracted in 26 of the last 28 months. Even ...
News / Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
There was a slight uptick in spot rates between Asia and Europe and a marginal decline ...
News / Container lines see rate rises stick across most ocean trades
Container lines this week succeeded in imposing rate increases across most routes covered by the ...
News / Capacity cuts reward container lines as rates hold steady on east-west trades
Carriers were rewarded for their proactivity in the run-up to Chinese New Year, heading off ...
News / Peak season brings some welcome shipping rate respite to beleaguered carriers
After three consecutive weeks of decline, Asia-Europe container spot freight rates this week bounced back, ...
Recommends / Tauranga port doubles up
Interesting item from last week’s World Cargo News on the latest developments in New Zealand ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.K+N unveils 'transformation' plan for its 'customers, technology and people'
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.CMA CGM 'outperforms the industry' as Q2 profits hit $227m
- 5.Latest ULCV orders the start of a slippery slope to new overcapacity glut?
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: to IPO or not to IPO, that is the question for CMA CGM
- 2. Simão júnior Macuacua on DHL gears up for logistics boost from Thailand's Eastern Economic Corridor
- 3. Sua Wayne Schwalger on Matson announces new west coast-South Pacific service
- 4. Dave on Latest ULCV orders the start of a slippery slope to new overcapacity glut?
- 5. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading