Asia-US east coast Headlines
News / US imports hit new records in 2017, but ocean carrier indiscipline depresses rates
Despite US import volumes breaking new records last year, ocean carriers’ pricing indiscipline drove spot rates ...
News / Spot rate hikes and cancelled voyages loom as Year of the Dog approaches
Asia-to-Europe shippers have reported that some containership sailings have rolled-over bookings this week ahead of the ...
News / Spot rates stabilise and ocean carriers stay optimistic as contract talks loom
Container spot rates held steady this week, but they will finish 2017 significantly below the levels of a ...
News / Asian volumes still switching to Canadian ports from US hubs as fears grow over rates
Growth at US west coast ports has been overshadowed by increases for the Canadian hubs ...
News / Gloomy outlook for transpacific rates as Maersk becomes latest to quit TSA
Unless transpacific container carriers introduce some capacity discipline to the trade, such as that once ...
News / Container shipping rates in calmer waters as carriers look ahead to new contracts
Annual contract negotiations for container shipping freight rates between Asia and North Europe are “progressing ...
News / Container shipping rates hit by overcapacity as slack season takes its toll
This week brought further evidence of the eroding container freight rate environment, as spot rates ...
News / OOCL tops ocean carrier reliability chart, with Yang Ming taking wooden spoon
Hong Kong container shipping line OOCL has been named as the most reliable carrier by SeaIntel ...
News / Relief for carriers as decline in east-west container rates finally bottoms out
Container freight rates on the main east-west trade routes rebounded this week after nearly two ...
News / East-west container freight rate decline slows, but price hikes are on the way
Container freight rates on the main east-west trades almost halted their decline over recent weeks, but ...
- 1.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 4.Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 5.Southampton hits back at haulier claims of container logjams at the port
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion