At the crossroads Headlines
News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / Container lines scramble for new trade routes as Gulf strengthens Qatar 'blockade'
As transport operators serving the Middle East Gulf region scramble to adjust to its rapidly changing ...
Comment / APMT Tangier investment could turn the Straits of Gibraltar into a new global logistics hub
APM Terminals has earmarked another €750m investment in the western Mediterranean after signing a 30-year ...
Recommends / Airline battle brews in Gulf as Iran eyes regional hub role
Iran is looking to take on the Gulf hubs as a new transit point for ...
Recommends / Dubai's Emirates Group posts 65% jump in H1 net profits
Emirates released its half-year financial results last week – and reported a 65% rise in ...
Comment / Rich, resourceful and real: Qatar Airways Cargo is a rival to be feared - or joined
Qatar Airways means business. This carrier is not playing at cargo. It has big ambitions, ...
News / The UAE must find the right balance for sea-air shippers as competition grows
Despite an estimated 40% decline in sea-air shipments over the UAE, David Phillips, president of ...
Recommends / LH's Gerber urges WTO to encompass cargo and ensure fair competition
Lufthansa Cargo boss Peter Gerber has called on the WTO to become a “neutral agent” ...
Recommends / FedEx and Atlas team up for alliance against Big 3 protectionist stance
It’s hard to see how the big three US airlines are going to get their ...
- 1.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 2.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 3.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 4.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 5.Maersk pushes logistics ambition, buying US customs house brokerage specialist
- 1. Gavin van Marle on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 2. Frederik deCockBuning on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 4. AF on Flexport in talks to raise $500m in SoftBank-led deal
- 5. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe