Bankruptcy Blues Headlines
News / Some box terminals are facing 'catastrophic economic failure', warns analyst
Major container ports could be facing an investment crisis that will dwarf the problems seen ...
News / MSC prepares contingency plan for cargo aboard Rickmers charters
MSC is preparing contingency plans for customers’ cargo, should the three containerships it has on ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
News / The curtain falls on five generations of Rickmers
The German shipowner Rickmers Group, established in 1834, is to file for insolvency after its ...
Recommends / Disgruntled Rickmers Maritime bondholder seeks to block fleet sale to Navios
The shipping industry had pretty much come to terms with the demise of Singapore-based container ...
Recommends / Alitalia to file for administration as turnaround plan fails
Poor Alitalia. It looks (again) as if the end might be nigh for the carrier ...
Recommends / US retailers face growing hostility from suppliers
In the week that Alibaba’s Jack Ma warned that “in the next 30 years, the ...
News / Debt restructure may be Rickmers' last hope of avoiding bankruptcy
Fresh from the disappointment of Rickmers Maritime Trust in Singapore being wound up, Hamburg-headquartered Rickmers ...
News / Charter market recovery too late to save Rickmers Maritime Trust
The recent recovery in the containership charter market has come too late to save panamax ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 3. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 4. VarAway on Why airlines may have to cut back on cargo due to global warming
- 5. christine Glenn on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers