Bankruptcy Blues Headlines
News / FMC commissioner Doyle applauds 'innovative' THE Alliance fund to prevent another Hanjin 'debacle'
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) yesterday approved THE Alliance’s plan for a $50m contingency fund in ...
News / Hanjin creditors can expect to get back less than two cents in the dollar
Thousands of creditors of bankrupt ocean carrier Hanjin Shipping can expect to get back less ...
News / RMT creditors to receive just 11 cents on the dollar from bankrupt shipowner
Unsecured creditors of bankrupt panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) will each receive just ...
News / Some box terminals are facing 'catastrophic economic failure', warns analyst
Major container ports could be facing an investment crisis that will dwarf the problems seen ...
News / MSC prepares contingency plan for cargo aboard Rickmers charters
MSC is preparing contingency plans for customers’ cargo, should the three containerships it has on ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
News / The curtain falls on five generations of Rickmers
The German shipowner Rickmers Group, established in 1834, is to file for insolvency after its ...
Recommends / Disgruntled Rickmers Maritime bondholder seeks to block fleet sale to Navios
The shipping industry had pretty much come to terms with the demise of Singapore-based container ...
Recommends / Alitalia to file for administration as turnaround plan fails
Poor Alitalia. It looks (again) as if the end might be nigh for the carrier ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.K+N unveils 'transformation' plan for its 'customers, technology and people'
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel charges in with supply chain solution for lithium batteries
- 5.CMA CGM 'outperforms the industry' as Q2 profits hit $227m
- 1. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 2. Luiz Galvão on Integrators and e-commerce giants a real threat to air freight forwarders
- 3. mumtaz on First freight train from UK sets off as China-Europe rail services soar
- 4. Pedram Parniani on CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
- 5. Mahabub Hossain on Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships