Big ships Headlines
News / Latest newbuild ULCVs could be even bigger: introducing the Megamax-24
Nine 22,000 teu vessels on order for CMA CGM and 11 22,000 teu ships for MSC could end ...
News / With scrapping rates on the up, containership owners weigh anchors in lay-up
The containership demolition market has started this year as it ended the last – with an ...
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
Recommends / Think you know shipping? Check out some Friday facts
Nice infographic about the container shipping industry. Some facts you’ll know, some you won’t: what percentage ...
News / In a sinking market, has the last ultra-large containership been ordered?
As ocean carriers reel from a disastrous first half this year, they seem to have ...
News / ClassNK calls for upgraded steel plate tolerance in mega-boxship construction
Japanese classification society ClassNK is claiming a “world-first” breakthrough finding in the required crack arrest toughness of ...
News / Shippers blame ULCVs for causing congestion and delays at European hub ports
Despite a reduction in weekly capacity and port calls on the main Asia-Europe trade, both ...
News / Cost advantages of ultra large container vessels are disappearing due to low oil prices and overcapacity
The continuing cost-per-slot supremacy of ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) was called into question by speakers ...
- 1.DSV takeover bid for CEVA Logistics rebuffed, but CMA CGM eyes bigger stake
- 2.ONE container carrier network now predicting loss of $600m in its first year
- 3.Market Insight Exclusive: Revealed – the AP Møller-Maersk Group reorganisation
- 4.Market Insight: CEVA and CMA CGM – vertical consolidation the next step?
- 5.Amazon Air takes off for Miami with Atlas, despite concerns over pilot numbers
- 1. Gavin van Marle on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
- 2. Capt.Bill Waldmeier... on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
- 3. Akeo on Guest blog: how blockchain can strengthen supply chain links
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Market Insight: APMM restructure may be a real opportunity for Kuehne
- 5. ex customer on ONE container carrier network now predicting loss of $600m in its first year