Big ships Headlines
News / With scrapping rates on the up, containership owners weigh anchors in lay-up
The containership demolition market has started this year as it ended the last – with an ...
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
Recommends / Think you know shipping? Check out some Friday facts
Nice infographic about the container shipping industry. Some facts you’ll know, some you won’t: what percentage ...
News / In a sinking market, has the last ultra-large containership been ordered?
As ocean carriers reel from a disastrous first half this year, they seem to have ...
News / ClassNK calls for upgraded steel plate tolerance in mega-boxship construction
Japanese classification society ClassNK is claiming a “world-first” breakthrough finding in the required crack arrest toughness of ...
News / Shippers blame ULCVs for causing congestion and delays at European hub ports
Despite a reduction in weekly capacity and port calls on the main Asia-Europe trade, both ...
News / Cost advantages of ultra large container vessels are disappearing due to low oil prices and overcapacity
The continuing cost-per-slot supremacy of ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) was called into question by speakers ...
News / Productivity is declining at the world's biggest ports, 'but mega-boxships are not to blame'
Despite carrier pleas that port services need to improve in order to efficiently handle ultra-large container ...
- 1.Insurers brace for multi-million-dollar claims as Maersk Honam is towed to port
- 2.Container fire breaks out on a second Maersk box ship, but crew is safe
- 3.Maersk and MSC unveil new 2M Asia-Europe network, with 17 fewer port calls
- 4.Customers warned arrival of Maersk Honam containers could be delayed for months
- 5.Maersk CFO Jakob Stausholm in shock resignation over reorganisation
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Education the key to preventing dangerous links in e-commerce supply chains
- 2. Ross Delaney on If sea freight has teu and feu, why doesn't air freight have meu and leu?
- 3. email@example.com on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding