Big ships Headlines
News / Latest newbuild ULCVs could be even bigger: introducing the Megamax-24
Nine 22,000 teu vessels on order for CMA CGM and 11 22,000 teu ships for MSC could end ...
News / With scrapping rates on the up, containership owners weigh anchors in lay-up
The containership demolition market has started this year as it ended the last – with an ...
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
Recommends / Think you know shipping? Check out some Friday facts
Nice infographic about the container shipping industry. Some facts you’ll know, some you won’t: what percentage ...
News / In a sinking market, has the last ultra-large containership been ordered?
As ocean carriers reel from a disastrous first half this year, they seem to have ...
News / ClassNK calls for upgraded steel plate tolerance in mega-boxship construction
Japanese classification society ClassNK is claiming a “world-first” breakthrough finding in the required crack arrest toughness of ...
News / Shippers blame ULCVs for causing congestion and delays at European hub ports
Despite a reduction in weekly capacity and port calls on the main Asia-Europe trade, both ...
News / Cost advantages of ultra large container vessels are disappearing due to low oil prices and overcapacity
The continuing cost-per-slot supremacy of ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) was called into question by speakers ...
News / Productivity is declining at the world's biggest ports, 'but mega-boxships are not to blame'
Despite carrier pleas that port services need to improve in order to efficiently handle ultra-large container ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making