Big ships Headlines
News / Melbourne set to benefit as box carriers increase vessel capacity on ex-Asia routes
The size of container vessels calling at the port of Melbourne looks set to dramatically ...
News / Latest newbuild ULCVs could be even bigger: introducing the Megamax-24
Nine 22,000 teu vessels on order for CMA CGM and 11 22,000 teu ships for MSC could end ...
News / With scrapping rates on the up, containership owners weigh anchors in lay-up
The containership demolition market has started this year as it ended the last – with an ...
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
Recommends / Think you know shipping? Check out some Friday facts
Nice infographic about the container shipping industry. Some facts you’ll know, some you won’t: what percentage ...
News / In a sinking market, has the last ultra-large containership been ordered?
As ocean carriers reel from a disastrous first half this year, they seem to have ...
News / ClassNK calls for upgraded steel plate tolerance in mega-boxship construction
Japanese classification society ClassNK is claiming a “world-first” breakthrough finding in the required crack arrest toughness of ...
News / Shippers blame ULCVs for causing congestion and delays at European hub ports
Despite a reduction in weekly capacity and port calls on the main Asia-Europe trade, both ...
- 1.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 2.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 3.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 4.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 5.Maersk pushes logistics ambition, buying US customs house brokerage specialist
- 1. Gavin van Marle on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 2. Frederik deCockBuning on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 4. AF on Flexport in talks to raise $500m in SoftBank-led deal
- 5. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe