People / Bimco secures secretary general and CEO Angus Frew for five more years
Bimco secretary general and chief executive Angus Frew has extended his contract for five years, ...
News / New general agency agreement aims to reduce shipping disputes
A new draft standard general agency agreement, covering a comprehensive list of functions contracted between ...
News / Shipping lobbies hit back at claims they don't support emissions reduction
Shipping lobby groups have fought back against claims they are obstructing efforts to fight climate ...
Recommends / ICS and BIMCO hit back in environmental tit-for-tat
Yesterday non-profit organisation InfluenceMap released its report into the corporate influence on environmental regulations – ...
News / Shipping lobby groups slammed for 'blocking global progress' on emissions reduction
The shipping industry was today accused of blocking international efforts to curb pollution and greenhouse ...
News / Shipping must do better on CO2 emissions: 'Shape up or ship out'
Environmental lobbyists have derided “ambitious” CO2 reduction plans announced by four international shipping associations as ...
News / Blow to charter market as Hanjin returns push idle container fleet to new high
Sixty container vessels returned to owners by bankrupt Hanjin Shipping, yet to find new employment, havre ...
People / BIMCO opens Singapore office
Shipping trade association BIMCO this week has opened a new office in Singapore to increase ...
News / Cheaper bunker prices could hinder as well as help container lines, says BIMCO
Lower bunker costs are “very welcome in an industry struggling to make a profit”, says ...
Recommends / BIMCO and Global Shippers' Forum launch standard contract
The world’s largest shipping line association and the UK-based organisation that represents carriers’ customers have ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Frank Wang on Cargo handling industry looks for real-time visibility and connectivity to improve efficiency and productivity
- 3. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 4. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 5. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges