Black gold Headlines
Comment / Analysis: Who is holding who hostage as bunker prices wreak havoc with P&L?
The debate surrounding bunker costs has a familiar ring – more than a few distressed ...
News / CMA CGM and Zim blame rising fuel costs as they join the list reporting Q1 losses
CMA CGM and Zim each posted first-quarter losses last week. Both pinned the blame on escalating fuel costs, ...
News / New CMA CGM flagship so efficient it can save $20,000 every sailing day
The CMA CGM Antoine De Saint Exupery, delivered on Friday, will burn 25% less fuel due to its ...
Comment / Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
Whatever your instinct might tell you about container shipping’s prospects this year – and you ...
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
Recommends / There's a new power in the fuel debate
With last week’s news that CMA CGM would power its new 23,500 teu “megamax” vessels ...
Recommends / No rally to $70 a barrel for oil this year
One theme of today’s news is rising cost levels, which have begun to hit the margins of ...
Recommends / Maersk sells tankers unit for $1.17bn
The context of this story is the ongoing consolidation of Maersk’s container supply chain operations ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk preparing the ground for a jumbo deal to follow Oil sale?
The stars are shining for the Maersk family under the stewardship of chief executive Søren ...
Recommends / Global shipping fleet braces for chaos of $60bn fuel shock
Now there’s a headline from Bloomberg, via gCaptain, that should make you sit up and ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Alan on Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 3. email@example.com on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 5. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit