Black gold Headlines
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
Recommends / There's a new power in the fuel debate
With last week’s news that CMA CGM would power its new 23,500 teu “megamax” vessels ...
Recommends / No rally to $70 a barrel for oil this year
One theme of today’s news is rising cost levels, which have begun to hit the margins of ...
Recommends / Maersk sells tankers unit for $1.17bn
The context of this story is the ongoing consolidation of Maersk’s container supply chain operations ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk preparing the ground for a jumbo deal to follow Oil sale?
The stars are shining for the Maersk family under the stewardship of chief executive Søren ...
Recommends / Global shipping fleet braces for chaos of $60bn fuel shock
Now there’s a headline from Bloomberg, via gCaptain, that should make you sit up and ...
Recommends / UPS hits out at plans to triple Alaska's jet fuel tax
Proposals to triple jet fuel tax in Alaska could severely impact the state’s role in ...
Recommends / OPEC production cuts greatly overrated
One of the big risks commonly identified in recent months as a major threat both ...
Recommends / World better to forget oil at $100 a barrel, says Norway
Oil prices are on the increase again, and pretty quickly too, leading some to wonder ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 3.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 4.Port of Southampton to lose call by Maersk/MSC Asia-Europe service
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion