News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
Recommends / OPEC production cuts greatly overrated
One of the big risks commonly identified in recent months as a major threat both ...
News / Good week for Asia-Europe carriers with box shipping rates up 20% as price hikes bite
The North Europe component of the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) soared 20% this week ...
News / SCFI: container shipping rates recover ahead of the peak season
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe recovered this week ahead of the traditional July, ...
Comment / Low oil price brings relief for containership operators, but slow-steaming benefits are lost
The jury is out as to whether the dramatic fall in oil prices in the ...
Recommends / Bunker prices: the trend is down
Some comfort for container shipping lines battling the headwinds of an unrelenting pressure on freight ...
News / New mega-boxships not as fuel-efficient as those delivered 25 years ago, claim
A new study claims that containerships built in 2013 were, on average, 8% less fuel-efficient ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making