Calculating Capacity Headlines
News / Panalpina at the forefront to avoid air freight peak season pandemonium
Faced with a repeat of last year’s air freight peak season pandemonium, forwarders and shippers ...
News / 'Overcapacity not trade wars to blame for falling demand on Asia-US east coast'
Oversupply of shipping capacity rather than trade wars caused the recent rationalisation in transpacific and ...
Recommends / NCA hit with business improvement order as operations continue to restart
Nippon Cargo Airlines has brought a second aircraft back into operation after grounding its fleet ...
News / Trade war sparks more capacity cuts on transpacific container trades
Container shipping lines on the transpacific trade this week continued to announce capacity cuts in ...
News / Quiet week for spot rates, but box carriers need to act to 'stop the rot'
The bellwether Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) has experienced a relatively quiet week, with the ...
News / More carriers to cut back on Asia-Europe container capacity after summer peak
More deepsea carriers have announced plans to cut capacity on the Asia-Europe trade in preparation for a ...
News / Container rates stable, but carriers still cutting capacity despite peak season
Container shipping spot freight rates on the main deepsea east-west trades largely remained stable over ...
News / Transpacific capacity still outpacing demand, putting more pressure on rates
Despite the move last week by the 2M alliance to withdraw one of its transpacific loops, ocean ...
News / Boeing eyes 777 conversions as widebody freighter availability tightens
Boeing is looking at a conversion programme for its 777 as the supply of widebody freighters tightens. Most ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. email@example.com on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV