Calculating Capacity Headlines
News / Seaspan buys shipbuilding vehicle GCI for bargain price and boosts its fleet
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation has bought the 89% of shares it did not own in ...
News / Calmer waters for box trades this year as supply:demand ratio evens out
Despite continuing soft container spot rates after the two-week Chinese New Year trade hiatus, ocean carriers ...
News / Asia-Med trade swamped by cascaded capacity, but east Med remains a beacon of hope
By next month capacity on the Asia to Mediterranean trade will have increased by almost ...
News / HMM notches up billion-dollar loss, but carrier still plans to order more megaships
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) slumped to a KRW1.2trn ($1.1bn) net loss in 2017. And this follows ...
News / Capacity constraints pushing forwarders toward block space air cargo agreements
Capacity constraints have tilted the balance of power in favour of the airlines, with shippers ...
News / Asia-North Europe container shipping demand weaker than expected in Q4 17
Growth on the head-haul Asia-North Europe trade in the fourth quarter last year was weaker ...
News / Container lines celebrate $7bn profits in 2017 and eye an even happier new year
Container lines are estimated to have made an accumulated profit of $7bn last year and, ...
News / More carriers may pressure shipyards to postpone newbuild box ship deliveries
More carriers may join Cosco and Yang Ming in exerting pressure on Asian shipyards to ...
News / Japanese carriers may need to rationalise merged box fleet as new ships arrive
K Line has received the 13,900 teu Milano Bridge, the first of five sister ships ...
- 1.Insurers brace for multi-million-dollar claims as Maersk Honam is towed to port
- 2.Container fire breaks out on a second Maersk box ship, but crew is safe
- 3.Customers warned arrival of Maersk Honam containers could be delayed for months
- 4.Maersk and MSC unveil new 2M Asia-Europe network, with 17 fewer port calls
- 5.Maersk CFO Jakob Stausholm in shock resignation over reorganisation
- 1. email@example.com on Education the key to preventing dangerous links in e-commerce supply chains
- 2. Ross Delaney on If sea freight has teu and feu, why doesn't air freight have meu and leu?
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding
- 4. email@example.com on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding