Calculating Capacity Headlines
News / Lines seem 'indifferent' to shipper problems as new alliances settle in
Shipping lines in the new alliance structure seem “indifferent to certain problems of backhaul shippers”, according ...
Comment / The psychology of business: bad makes a greater impression than good
Spring is here in the horthern hemisphere: blossoming trees, blooming flowers and singing blackbirds abound ...
News / Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
Forwarders are warning shippers to expect a raise in air freight rates as the market ...
News / New alliances bring bigger ships and more capacity to box trades
The launch of the new vessel-sharing alliances has increased capacity on the Asia-Europe, transpacific and ...
News / A focus on cargo partnerships for Etihad as Gulf competition takes off
It is no secret that the UAE carriers are struggling. Rumours about Emirates in particular ...
News / Capacity crunch on box ships to Asia: Maersk first to stop taking bookings, as air freight awaits boost
Maersk Line today stopped booking export containers from Europe to Asia and the Middle East, according to market ...
News / There's a 'window of opportunity” for container lines to delay newbuild deliveries
Container lines should follow the example of Maersk Line and negotiate deferring new vessel deliveries. Analyst Drewry says ...
News / Asia-Europe container trade to see more capacity reductions in bid to prevent rates slump
The traditional seasonal slump in Asia-Europe container freight rates could be avoided this year, as ...
News / 'Balancing supply and demand the way to keep container shipping sector afloat'
More work is required to address the issues of overcapacity and weak growth in the ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers