Cargo Crime Headlines
Recommends / Thieves steal €1.3bn in goods from trucks in Germany every year
The numbers are pretty staggering, according to this LinkedIn post by Thorsten Neumann, director APS ...
News / Cargo crime gang truck raid thwarted by Swedish post service sting
Swedish post service PostNord has helped put cargo thieves behind bars with a sting operation to ...
News / More attacks on truck drivers revive supply chain fears by UK shippers
Increasing violence against truck drivers in mainland Europe means major UK shippers are fearing for their cross-Channel ...
News / DP World issues alert over recruitment scam
Dubai-headquartered international container terminal operator DP World has warned that criminals have been impersonating the company ...
News / The shipping industry and tomorrow's technology faces a serious threat from cyber crime
Cyber crime is likely to delay the introduction of autonomous ships for several years – ...
News / Cargo crime rates climb as recession pushes Brazilian demand for stolen goods
Freight crime in Brazil soared in the third quarter this year, as criminals took advantage ...
News / Tougher security pushes US cargo crime gangs towards lower-value loot
Heightened security measures in the US means cargo thieves are targeting lower-value commodities. A 38% dip in cargo ...
News / TAPA call for more secure parking for trucks across Europe as cargo crime soars
Transport security organisation TAPA is launching a new initiative across Europe in a bid to stem ...
Recommends / 200lbs of cocaine – an aristocrat sugar trader’s nightmare
This article introduced us to a new freight phrase: “rip-off modality”. This is defined as ...
- 1.Insurers brace for multi-million-dollar claims as Maersk Honam is towed to port
- 2.Container fire breaks out on a second Maersk box ship, but crew is safe
- 3.Maersk and MSC unveil new 2M Asia-Europe network, with 17 fewer port calls
- 4.Maersk Honam blaze death toll grows as search for last crew member is called off
- 5.Asia-Europe carriers prepare for battle over market share with FAK rate cuts
- 1. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 'Don't grab at new tech in fear of digital forwarders, and make the wrong choice'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Maersk CFO Jakob Stausholm in shock resignation over reorganisation
- 3. Ross Delaney on Maersk and MSC unveil new 2M Asia-Europe network, with 17 fewer port calls
- 4. Jordan Blake on Blockchain start-up brings transparency to shipping
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding