Cargo Crime Headlines
News / DP World issues alert over recruitment scam
Dubai-headquartered international container terminal operator DP World has warned that criminals have been impersonating the company ...
News / The shipping industry and tomorrow's technology faces a serious threat from cyber crime
Cyber crime is likely to delay the introduction of autonomous ships for several years – ...
News / Cargo crime rates climb as recession pushes Brazilian demand for stolen goods
Freight crime in Brazil soared in the third quarter this year, as criminals took advantage ...
News / Tougher security pushes US cargo crime gangs towards lower-value loot
Heightened security measures in the US means cargo thieves are targeting lower-value commodities. A 38% dip in cargo ...
News / TAPA call for more secure parking for trucks across Europe as cargo crime soars
Transport security organisation TAPA is launching a new initiative across Europe in a bid to stem ...
Recommends / 200lbs of cocaine – an aristocrat sugar trader’s nightmare
This article introduced us to a new freight phrase: “rip-off modality”. This is defined as ...
Recommends / With cargo theft on the rise, retailers must focus on protecting their goods
Cautionary article from the website of the US retailer organisation, the National Retail Federation, in ...
News / Unsecured parking areas still the most likely hot-spots for cargo crime
Secure parking remains one of the most important methods to prevent theft, according to the ...
News / Liability warning to forwarders and hauliers after hijacked tobacco court case ruling
Freight forwarders and hauliers discovered this week that they may be liable for cargo thefts during transit ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
- 4.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam