Cargo Safety Headlines
Recommends / VGM and more: improving container standards
The verified gross mass (VGM) process was only one of series of measures introduced by ...
Recommends / EASA issues safety warning over portable electronic devices on aircraft
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has warned that portable electronic devices (PEDs) containing lithium ...
News / Dockworkers protesting over cargo lashing by ships' crews plan demo outside Unifeeder HQ
Dockworkers are planning a “noisy and active” protest outside the Aarhus headquarters of Europe’s largest ...
Recommends / US exporters do not need to weigh containers for SOLAS, says USCG
The US Coast Guard (USCG), which this week added further confusion to the soon-to-be enforced ...
Recommends / Thousands of unsafe ‘hoverboards’ detained over past seven weeks
In the UK, the faintly ridiculous sight of grown men and women trying to navigate ...
News / The bag that can absorb a bomb blast in a ULD could be a boost for air cargo security
Air cargo security could have an additional layer from next year, following the development of ...
Comment / Time for IMO to tie down the rules on how to secure containers on ever-larger ships
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has acted on container weights, amending the Safety of Life ...
Abusing dangerous goods shipping rules should be a criminal offence, says IATA
IATA members have called on governments to criminalise the act of shipping misdeclared dangerous goods. In ...
Comment / Economics, conflict of interest and the risks of substandard box construction
So many, if not all, elements of container transport are these days are under the ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Najma Qureshi on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 2. Gunther Ginckels on Port of Antwerp forms action committee to tackle ongoing barge congestion
- 3. Seetah Kowlessur on Comment: how logistics service providers can stand out in a tender
- 4. Mubin Mondal on Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
- 5. Luc Castera on Digitisation will bring a new era for shipping, but only 'the fittest' will survive