Cargo Safety Headlines
News / General average 'likely' as another blaze breaks out on a containership
Yet another container vessel has caught fire – the latest casualty is the 9,200 teu APL Vancouver, off the Vietnamese ...
News / Other carriers should copy Maersk and spot check containers, says TT Club
Global shipping insurer TT Club has commended Maersk’s decision to begin random spot checks on ...
News / ISO invites comments on first global standards for operating drones
Next year will see the adoption of the first worldwide standards for operating drones. The International ...
News / TT Club says still more needs to be done to ensure container safety
As the IMO’s sub-committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers meets in London this week, TT ...
News / Customers warned arrival of Maersk Honam containers could be delayed for months
Maersk Line has confirmed the “most likely” port of refuge for the fire-damaged Maersk Honam as Jebel Ali, ...
Comment / Blog alert on the ease of cyber attacks on ships was pure scaremongering
Last month a much-reported blog – included in The Loadstar – claimed “sinking ships [via hacking], ...
News / The ACID test for air freight safety: successfully sharing incident data
Data protection is critical for the air cargo industry if it is to get behind ...
News / ICAO backs new air cargo rules on lithium batteries and other dangerous goods
ICAO has backed IATA proposals to segregate shipments containing lithium batteries and those containing class-one dangerous ...
News / 'Governments must get behind drive for safer packing of containers'
Governments must support the widespread use of the CTU Code to improve packing and thus the safety ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Supply chain radar: don't wake me up right now – 'DHL Global Forwarding, Freight + DB Schenker being considered'
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 5.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 2. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 3. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'
- 5. Ramsgate Resudent on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'