Cargo Safety Headlines
Recommends / EASA issues safety warning over portable electronic devices on aircraft
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has warned that portable electronic devices (PEDs) containing lithium ...
News / Dockworkers protesting over cargo lashing by ships' crews plan demo outside Unifeeder HQ
Dockworkers are planning a “noisy and active” protest outside the Aarhus headquarters of Europe’s largest ...
Recommends / US exporters do not need to weigh containers for SOLAS, says USCG
The US Coast Guard (USCG), which this week added further confusion to the soon-to-be enforced ...
Recommends / Thousands of unsafe ‘hoverboards’ detained over past seven weeks
In the UK, the faintly ridiculous sight of grown men and women trying to navigate ...
News / The bag that can absorb a bomb blast in a ULD could be a boost for air cargo security
Air cargo security could have an additional layer from next year, following the development of ...
Comment / Time for IMO to tie down the rules on how to secure containers on ever-larger ships
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has acted on container weights, amending the Safety of Life ...
Abusing dangerous goods shipping rules should be a criminal offence, says IATA
IATA members have called on governments to criminalise the act of shipping misdeclared dangerous goods. In ...
Comment / Economics, conflict of interest and the risks of substandard box construction
So many, if not all, elements of container transport are these days are under the ...
News / Warning to buyers on shipping container safety – it all hinges on the detail
Caveat emptor (buyer beware) is the warning from the TT Club to those in the ...
- 1.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 2.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 3.Containerships being diverted to avoid congestion at port of Shanghai
- 4.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 5.1,700 more redundancies as Japan Post pays the price for costly Toll takeover
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. Tim on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 3. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 5. email@example.com on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts