Charter parties Headlines
News / Capacity cuts and trade war combine to increase container tonnage laying idle
A perfect storm of radical capacity cuts by carriers and US president Donald Trump’s threat ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
Comment / Analysis: a Seaspan-Costamare merger? Could form a unique combination
The competitive landscape for non-operating containership owners is currently fascinating. Business has gone so well ...
News / Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
While container shipping lines face soaring operational costs, recent signs that they are preparing to suspend ...
News / New investment gives Seaspan the means to consolidate its top lessor position
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation has acquired a financial war chest to consolidate the “fragmented” boxship leasing market ...
News / Shortage of ships for charter could force carriers to shelve new services
An acute shortage in the availability of charter tonnage could force carriers to shelve their ...
News / Top-heavy growth in container tonnage sparks overcapacity concerns
The number of containerships sold for scrap has slowed dramatically as shipowners in the smaller ...
News / Shipowners gain upper hand as charter market bites back at carriers
Container lines are facing a new “perfect storm” of falling freight rates, higher fuel costs ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
- 1.ONE container carrier network now predicting loss of $600m in its first year
- 2.Analysis: APMM vs GE – dinosaurs, but heading for extinction?
- 3.Market Insight: APMM restructure may be a real opportunity for Kuehne
- 4.CMA CGM gradually pushing up its stake in Ceva Logistics
- 5.CMA CGM stake in Ceva 'is no threat to the forwarders'
- 1. Werner Schmidt on Vietjet eyes freighters to help break into the high-flying Vietnam air cargo market
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Can Flexport keep advancing as the US-China trade war rages overhead?
- 3. Brendan Tout on Roll-out of new UK customs declaration system too slow as Brexit looms
- 4. David Maughan on Roll-out of new UK customs declaration system too slow as Brexit looms
- 5. Gavin van Marle on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service