Charter parties Headlines
Comment / Analysis: a Seaspan-Costamare merger? Could form a unique combination
The competitive landscape for non-operating containership owners is currently fascinating. Business has gone so well ...
News / Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
While container shipping lines face soaring operational costs, recent signs that they are preparing to suspend ...
News / New investment gives Seaspan the means to consolidate its top lessor position
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation has acquired a financial war chest to consolidate the “fragmented” boxship leasing market ...
News / Shortage of ships for charter could force carriers to shelve new services
An acute shortage in the availability of charter tonnage could force carriers to shelve their ...
News / Top-heavy growth in container tonnage sparks overcapacity concerns
The number of containerships sold for scrap has slowed dramatically as shipowners in the smaller ...
News / Shipowners gain upper hand as charter market bites back at carriers
Container lines are facing a new “perfect storm” of falling freight rates, higher fuel costs ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
News / Boxship owner Seaspan looks to second-hand vessels to boost its bottom line
Containership owner and manager Seaspan Corporation is refocusing on the second-hand market as it shies ...
News / Container shipping demand may dip this year, but market balance still improving
Container shipping demand growth is expected to be lower this year than last. But, in its latest ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV