Charter parties Headlines
News / Container lines celebrate $7bn profits in 2017 and eye an even happier new year
Container lines are estimated to have made an accumulated profit of $7bn last year and, ...
News / Idle containership fleet falls below 100 as demand for tonnage remains tight
The number of containerships in lay-up has dipped below 100, according to Alphaliner. Its latest survey reveals strong demand ...
News / Healthier new year for container charter market, but owners still have concerns
The containership charter market has entered 2018 in a much healthier state than it was ...
News / Owners of bigger containerships face a charter market 'double-whammy'
The new year could be challenging for owners of large containerships, while non-operating owners in the smaller ...
News / Idle containership numbers fall again, but newbuilds and M&A are a threat
The number of containerships in hot or cold lay-up has fallen to 114, from 136 ...
News / 'Brisk' charter market activity, but don't get too excited, says Alphaliner
Alphaliner has slashed its year-end idle container tonnage projection down to 600,000 teu from 800,000-1m ...
News / Overcapacity making waves in the containership charter market
Owners of mid-sized containerships, 7,500-11,000 teu, are suffering from the traditional slack season lull in charter ...
News / Danaos predicts choppy waters for containership charter market next year
Greek containership owner Danaos has painted a gloomy picture for the box ship charter market ...
News / Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller containerships, with limited exposure to the volatile deepsea east-west trades, are enjoying increases in ...
News / No holiday bonus for container charter market as demand weakens
Containership brokers are concerned about the fixture prospects for the smaller ship types in the ...
- 1.GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2.'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
- 3.Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 4.Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
- 5.Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
- 1. Robert Keen on Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 2. Jim Oz on GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 3. Stewart on GMB union claims UK Mail 'pay cut or no job' offer to 6,000 drivers is illegal
- 4. Ingvar Bergman on HMM poised to launch independent high-speed Asia-North Europe service
- 5. Capt.Md.Hedayetul Islam on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading