China Cosco Headlines
News / COSCO back in the black, with a little help from its state friends
COSCO Shipping posted a net profit of $264m in 2017, reversing a loss of $1.1bn ...
News / Cosco sails back into the black as rate improvements help boost revenue
Chinese shipping giant Cosco Shipping Holdings today reported a 35% year-on-year increase in revenue for ...
News / Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
Singapore-based Pacific International Lines (PIL) could be the next container line to appear on the ...
News / Higher rates and volumes shown on carriers's improved balance sheets as SCFI slightly dips
More evidence emerged today that higher volumes and improved contract rates in the second quarter ...
News / Transpacific box trade will get a new market leader after Cosco's OOCL buy
The transpacific container shipping market is set for a fundamental change if Cosco completes its acquisition of ...
Comment / Analysis: Cosco's acquisition of OOCL – the most expensive in liner history?
The China Cosco/OOCL saga is officially over – or is it? Reaction On the stock market, the ...
News / Cosco buys OOCL for $6.3bn to form the world's third-largest liner company
Cosco has teamed with Chinese port operator Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) to acquire Orient ...
Recommends / The geopolitics of container shipping alliances
Shipping expert Olaf Merk looks at the future of container shipping in this insightful blog ...
News / OOCL now a target for CMA CGM following silence from Cosco?
Mid-sized ocean carrier OOCL is seen as “the only attractive takeover target of substantial size ...
Comment / Analysis: Cosco takeover of OOCL? Beijing could do better
Some 70 years after it was founded by CY Tung, market reports have again emerged that suggest ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 3.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Market insight: Pick-a-merger time for Hapag Lloyd as suitors line up
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 2. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 4. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making
- 5. Finn on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam