China Cosco Headlines
News / COSCO back in the black, with a little help from its state friends
COSCO Shipping posted a net profit of $264m in 2017, reversing a loss of $1.1bn ...
News / Cosco sails back into the black as rate improvements help boost revenue
Chinese shipping giant Cosco Shipping Holdings today reported a 35% year-on-year increase in revenue for ...
News / Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
Singapore-based Pacific International Lines (PIL) could be the next container line to appear on the ...
News / Higher rates and volumes shown on carriers's improved balance sheets as SCFI slightly dips
More evidence emerged today that higher volumes and improved contract rates in the second quarter ...
News / Transpacific box trade will get a new market leader after Cosco's OOCL buy
The transpacific container shipping market is set for a fundamental change if Cosco completes its acquisition of ...
Comment / Analysis: Cosco's acquisition of OOCL – the most expensive in liner history?
The China Cosco/OOCL saga is officially over – or is it? Reaction On the stock market, the ...
News / Cosco buys OOCL for $6.3bn to form the world's third-largest liner company
Cosco has teamed with Chinese port operator Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) to acquire Orient ...
Recommends / The geopolitics of container shipping alliances
Shipping expert Olaf Merk looks at the future of container shipping in this insightful blog ...
News / OOCL now a target for CMA CGM following silence from Cosco?
Mid-sized ocean carrier OOCL is seen as “the only attractive takeover target of substantial size ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Supply chain radar: don't wake me up right now – 'DHL Global Forwarding, Freight + DB Schenker being considered'
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 5.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 2. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 3. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'
- 5. Ramsgate Resudent on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'