News / OOCL now a target for CMA CGM following silence from Cosco?
Mid-sized ocean carrier OOCL is seen as “the only attractive takeover target of substantial size ...
Recommends / CMA CGM sells 90% stake in LA container terminal for $817m
CMA CGM has sold a 90% stake in its Los Angeles’ Global Gateway South terminal ...
News / After a poor first quarter, container lines are on course for a profitable year
After a very disappointing first quarter for the liner industry, attributed mainly to higher bunker prices, ...
News / CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
CMA CGM is to acquire Maersk’s Brazilian shipping line subsidiary, Mercosul, as it looks to expand ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
News / CMA CGM and DP-DHL get behind the development of logistics start-ups
Several logistics start-ups have received a financial boost from French shipping line CMA CGM, which ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd becomes latest carrier to bring in container booking cancellation fee
Hapag-Lloyd has become the latest container shipping line to introduce a cancellation/no-show fee, as carriers ...
News / ULCVs will ply the transpacific trade, but the ports are not ready for them
Despite a near doubling of the number of 13,000 teu-or-above vessels deployed on the transpacific ...
News / More volatility expected as transpacific spot rates rebound after weeks of decline
This week it was the turn of the Asia-North America spot rates to rebound after a ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.Kuehne + Nagel charges in with supply chain solution for lithium batteries
- 4.CMA CGM 'outperforms the industry' as Q2 profits hit $227m
- 5.The global freight forwarding market and its impact on globalisation
- 1. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 2. Luiz Galvão on Integrators and e-commerce giants a real threat to air freight forwarders
- 3. mumtaz on First freight train from UK sets off as China-Europe rail services soar
- 4. Pedram Parniani on CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
- 5. Mahabub Hossain on Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships