Congestion indigestion Headlines
News / ECT plan for fixed barge berthing windows in Rotterdam may reduce two-day waiting times
Hutchison Ports ECT Rotterdam’s plan to run “fixed windows” for the loading and unloading of ...
News / Delta Cargo flights hit by power outage at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson
Cargo through Atlanta could experience some delays following the cancellation of more than 1,000 flights ...
News / Early focus on securing enough air freight capacity pays off for Panalpina
Despite a drastic tightening of air freight capacity globally, Panalpina believes it has enough capacity ...
News / Investment in JFK air freight infrastructure seeks to revitalise New York gateway
New York’s JFK Airport is poised for a $132m investment to revive its flagging cargo ...
News / Latest court ruling sees port of Hamburg closer to start of Elbe dredging
Germany’s Federal Administrative Court has dismissed the latest objections to the port of Hamburg’s plans to ...
FMC schedules hearings on fair port practices
Global Trade Magazine reports that the US Federal Maritime Commission will begin hearing evidence from ...
News / UK haulage fury as Whitehall scraps lorry park plan to replace Operation Stack
The UK government has returned to the drawing board after scrapping plans for a £250m ...
News / US ports call for urgent action over severe shortage of Customs inspectors
A serious shortage of customs inspectors is affecting operations at US ports and threatens to ...
News / Antwerp plan to alleviate year-long barge congestion dismissed as 'vague'
“Vague” is how one analyst described Antwerp Port Community’s plan to alleviate the barge congestion ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 4.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion