Container Shipping Headlines
Recommends / MSC finally warming to social media
The world’s second-largest container line, the normally media-shy Geneva-headquartered MSC, is upping its game and ...
News / Transpacific on crest of a peak season wave, but trade war tariff hikes loom
Transpacific-serving ocean carriers are adding sailings from Asia to the US west and east coasts as ...
News / Maersk pips Cosco to first Arctic route box run
The impact of global warming and the continuous retreat of Arctic Sea ice has opened ...
News / Maersk 'back in control of costs' after poor first half and vows to 'improve results'
Maersk said today that in the second quarter it had “taken back control of its ...
People / Olivier Ghesquiere named new CEO at Textainer as Philip Brewer retires
Textainer has appointed Olivier Ghesquiere as its new chief executive and president, following the news ...
News / Ports and forwarders sign up for Maersk/IBM blockchain platform, but not the carriers
Efforts to migrate logistics companies towards blockchain systems are increasing, with Maersk and IBM’s collaborative effort ...
Recommends / Container shipping sector challenges and opportunities laid out
Last week, business advisory AlixPartners issued a report on the challenges and opportunities faced by ...
People / Global shipping industry failing to fill the gender pay gap
Ethical and moral standards notwithstanding, companies boasting mixed boards can boast higher profits. Sadly, according to ...
News / Maersk purchase of Hamburg Süd gets final regulatory approval, one year on
Maersk has closed its acquisition of Hamburg Süd after it cleared the final regulatory approval with Korea’s ...
- 1.DSV takeover bid for CEVA Logistics rebuffed, but CMA CGM eyes bigger stake
- 2.Market Insight Exclusive: Revealed – the AP Møller-Maersk Group reorganisation
- 3.ONE container carrier network now predicting loss of $600m in its first year
- 4.Amazon Air takes off for Miami with Atlas, despite concerns over pilot numbers
- 5.Analysis: is DSV ready to move on Damco's freight forwarding business?
- 1. Gavin van Marle on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
- 2. Capt.Bill Waldmeier... on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
- 3. Akeo on Guest blog: how blockchain can strengthen supply chain links
- 4. email@example.com on Market Insight: APMM restructure may be a real opportunity for Kuehne
- 5. ex customer on ONE container carrier network now predicting loss of $600m in its first year