Container Shipping Headlines
News / Olivier Ghesquiere named new CEO at Textainer as Philip Brewer retires
Textainer has appointed Olivier Ghesquiere as its new chief executive and president, following the news ...
News / Ports and forwarders sign up for Maersk/IBM blockchain platform, but not the carriers
Efforts to migrate logistics companies towards blockchain systems are increasing, with Maersk and IBM’s collaborative effort ...
Recommends / Container shipping sector challenges and opportunities laid out
Last week, business advisory AlixPartners issued a report on the challenges and opportunities faced by ...
People / Global shipping industry failing to fill the gender pay gap
Ethical and moral standards notwithstanding, companies boasting mixed boards can boast higher profits. Sadly, according to ...
News / Maersk purchase of Hamburg Süd gets final regulatory approval, one year on
Maersk has closed its acquisition of Hamburg Süd after it cleared the final regulatory approval with Korea’s ...
Recommends / Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
With few exceptions – the livery and design of Hamburg Sud vessels comes to mind – container ...
Recommends / How container shipping could reinvent itself for the digital age
Fifty years after first analysing container shipping, consultant McKinsey has called on the industry to ...
Recommends / Cosco still on the acquisition trail, with a $900m war chest
Having tabled a $6.3bn bid for OOCL, it seems Cosco has not ended its shopping ...
Recommends / Man overboard? A growing role for autonomous shipping
The tail-end of next year will bring the launch of the Yara Birkeland containership. As Mark ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 3.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 4.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 5.Analysis: Maersk – relationships matter and bad assets have nowhere to hide
- 1. email@example.com on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV