Container Shipping Headlines
Recommends / MSC finally warming to social media
The world’s second-largest container line, the normally media-shy Geneva-headquartered MSC, is upping its game and ...
News / Transpacific on crest of a peak season wave, but trade war tariff hikes loom
Transpacific-serving ocean carriers are adding sailings from Asia to the US west and east coasts as ...
News / Maersk pips Cosco to first Arctic route box run
The impact of global warming and the continuous retreat of Arctic Sea ice has opened ...
News / Maersk 'back in control of costs' after poor first half and vows to 'improve results'
Maersk said today that in the second quarter it had “taken back control of its ...
People / Olivier Ghesquiere named new CEO at Textainer as Philip Brewer retires
Textainer has appointed Olivier Ghesquiere as its new chief executive and president, following the news ...
News / Ports and forwarders sign up for Maersk/IBM blockchain platform, but not the carriers
Efforts to migrate logistics companies towards blockchain systems are increasing, with Maersk and IBM’s collaborative effort ...
Recommends / Container shipping sector challenges and opportunities laid out
Last week, business advisory AlixPartners issued a report on the challenges and opportunities faced by ...
People / Global shipping industry failing to fill the gender pay gap
Ethical and moral standards notwithstanding, companies boasting mixed boards can boast higher profits. Sadly, according to ...
News / Maersk purchase of Hamburg Süd gets final regulatory approval, one year on
Maersk has closed its acquisition of Hamburg Süd after it cleared the final regulatory approval with Korea’s ...
Recommends / Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
With few exceptions – the livery and design of Hamburg Sud vessels comes to mind – container ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs