container weight verification Headlines
Comment / Blog alert on the ease of cyber attacks on ships was pure scaremongering
Last month a much-reported blog – included in The Loadstar – claimed “sinking ships [via hacking], ...
News / SOLAS container weighing rules create $4bn industry – and 'blatant profiteering'
This year’s implementation of the verified gross mass (VGM) amendment to the SOLAS [Safety of ...
News / Hack-proof blockchain technology arrives – the paperless future for freight
Never let it be said again that the freight industry is slow to adopt new ...
News / US technology firm weighs in with timely app to help shippers with VGM
A US technology firm has developed a new app to help shippers and smaller forwarders ...
News / Shippers slam forwarders and carriers 'exploiting' VGM rule to add more fees
Shipper representatives have claimed that some freight forwarders and carriers have looked to use the ...
News / Vietnam's ports brace for chaos as they await clarification on how to apply VGM rule
Vietnam’s shipping community is in a state of confusion over the SOLAS Verified Gross Mass ...
News / Forwarders unveil plans to handle VGM rules for less-than-container load shippers
One of the world’s largest consolidator’s of less-than-container-loads (LCL) has revealed how it will tackle ...
Recommends / Commentary: 'time to pull together on VGM'
The debate on the SOLAS amendment on verified gross mass (VGM) of containers that is ...
Comment / Comment: Bewitched, bothered and bewildered as VGM weighs on our minds
The verified gross mass (VGM) gremlins have been at it again: confusing and obfuscating shippers ...
News / Kuehne + Nagel will use INTTRA for all eVGM submissions
The world’s largest sea freight forwarder, Kuehne + Nagel (KN), has signed a deal to ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs