News / There must be a 'win-win' element in container line service contracts
Container carriers and customers need to work together to develop annual contracts that ensure shippers ...
News / Asia-US spot rates spiked by rush to fill ships to beat trade war tariffs
The Asia to the US east coast component of the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) ...
News / Container shipping alliances now planning to set course for Latin America trades
The major deepsea alliances could begin to extend their joint service network to secondary north-south ...
News / Industry questions new box ship blockchain network
Yesterday’s announcement that five shipping lines and four terminal operators are to form a consortium ...
News / Seaspan still focused on container shipping, despite diversion into energy sector
Boxship lessor Seaspan Corporation says it remains “fully focused” on growing its non-operating containership-owning business, ...
News / CMA CGM gets transpacific bonus as shippers shun ONE after botched launch
Transpacific volumes handled by CMA CGM soared this year as shippers abandoned the major Japanese ...
Comment / Market Insight: CEVA and CMA CGM – vertical consolidation the next step?
Events have overtaken me this week. I began this column with the following: “The recent appointment ...
Comment / Market Insight: Expeditors a tempting target as Alibaba eyes getting under Trump's skin
It is a widespread conviction among my trade and banking sources that China’s e-commerce behemoth, ...
Comment / Analysis: cash is king – why profits aren't the only measure for the top liners
While most observers focus on about half a billion dollars of aggregate net losses for ...
News / Capacity to handle bigger box ships will give port of Melbourne a boost
Australian container supply chains could be set to change after the first call of an ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs