Customer-carrier relations Headlines
News / Shippers push carriers toward bespoke container services to boost reliability
Shippers exasperated by a reduction in container lines’ service quality and reliability suggested to delegates at this ...
News / Bigger ships and bigger ports an opening for 3PLs to revolutionise supply chains
While the consolidation of liner shipping companies into larger alliances and associated deployment of larger vessels ...
News / Air Canada Cargo seeks to get closer to key clients, using the personal touch
Air Canada Cargo is looking to transform its relationship with some key customers by seconding ...
Comment / Q&A with CoLoadX: 'There is a 25-year tech gap between retailers and forwarders'
I often talk to the executives of startup companies, mainly from the US, but few ...
News / APL extends premium container booking scheme to transatlantic and Asia-Australasia services
CMA CGM-owned APL is extending its priority Eagle GO Guaranteed container booking service to the ...
News / Calmer waters for box trades this year as supply:demand ratio evens out
Despite continuing soft container spot rates after the two-week Chinese New Year trade hiatus, ocean carriers ...
News / CMA CGM targets higher levels of customer service to create more value
CMA CGM has promised to put customer experience at the forefront of its services as ...
News / Capacity increases may put transpacific container rates under more pressure
As shippers and carriers on the transpacific prepare for the annual contract negotiating season – ...
News / Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
Recent rises in trucking prices in the US show no signs of abating, and despite ...
- 1.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 3.ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4.CEVA unveils plans for relationship with CMA CGM as Q1 results satisfy
- 5.Major forwarders begin the fight to get ahead in the digital supply chain race
- 1. James on DHL thinks outside the box inside the car boot
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on North American rail operators put profits before customers, claim shippers
- 4. Cargolution on TIACA's Air Cargo Forum 2018 takes off in Toronto
- 5. Itsik on Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships