News / Car-makers say switch to WTO tariffs would put the brakes on trade
Britain’s automotive manufacturers will come under huge strain if “posturing” politicians really believe WTO rules ...
News / US ports call for urgent action over severe shortage of Customs inspectors
A serious shortage of customs inspectors is affecting operations at US ports and threatens to ...
Comment / Express operators have invested millions to support US battle against smugglers
We read with interest The Loadstar article US Customs steps up battle against drug gangs ...
News / US Customs steps up battle against drug gangs using mail and express services
Organised crime gangs are using mail and express parcel carriers to sneak smaller quantities of illegal ...
People / Brexit approaching: BIFA seeking extra Customs trainer
With Brexit negotiations about to enter full flow, and the UK freight industry likely to ...
News / No trade barriers for forwarders as GeTS revolutionises cross-border customs
Global eTrade Services (GeTS) claims to have launched the world’s first international single-window trade platform. A subsidiary ...
People / Customs specialist Pawel Jarza joins BIFA as policy and compliance adviser
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) has appointed Pawel Jarza as its policy and compliance ...
PODCAST – Brexit, getting the job done
Agency Sector Management chairman Peter MacSwiney has been appointed co-chair of the Customs Brexit group ...
UK Customs 'asleep at the wheel' as illegal Chinese imports avoid VAT
UK Customs has been accused of being “asleep at the wheel”, allowing imports of illegal ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 4.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion