News / Ocean carriers hit by costlier fuel, now face spike in charter hire rates
Already facing higher fuel costs, ocean carriers could now be hit by a rise in ...
News / Danaos predicts choppy waters for containership charter market next year
Greek containership owner Danaos has painted a gloomy picture for the box ship charter market ...
News / Charter market still very bad news for the NOOs as their losses mount
In just seven years, some $2.7bn has been wiped off the value of the seven publicly ...
News / Danaos still feeling the pain of Hanjin collapse as charter market stays flat
Greek containership owner Danaos has said the sector’s charter market is “moving sideways” and it ...
News / New CEO could push Zim towards a fourth IPO bid to raise new cash
A fourth attempt by Israeli shipping line Zim for an initial public offering (IPO) could be on ...
News / Containership supply tight, but carrier clout brings charter rates back down
Despite a limited supply in several sectors, daily hire charter rates for container vessels are ...
Comment / Analysis: breathing is harder for box lines as they climb higher debt mountains
I have been looking for signs that the container shipping industry is getting used to ...
News / Alliance reshuffle gives containership charter market a welcome boost
Chartering activity by member lines of the Ocean and THE alliances to plug network gaps ...
News / Hanjin and depressed charter market sink Seaspan results
Despite the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping and a severely depressed charter market, resulting in the ...
News / Hanjin collapse and weak charter market blamed as Danaos sinks into the red
Greek containership owner Danaos slumped to a $366m loss in 2016 after a $117m profit the previous ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 2.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
- 5.US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 1. Joao Tavares on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. Henry Gorski on US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 3. CGL Network on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 4. mary on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. robert on Questions on stowage as enquiries begin into how MSC Zoe spilled 281 boxes