driver shortage Headlines
News / Fears that truck driver shortage could double after Brexit unless Whitehall acts
The UK government must back its vow that HGV drivers from EU nations will retain their ...
Recommends / Artificial intelligence will transform trucking in a decade, says Otto exec
It all depends on who you listen to, when it comes to the future of ...
News / Crime gangs now going after even low-value cargo shipments, with trucks the main target
Increasingly violent criminals are now targeting all types of cargo, including low-value shipments, in a ...
News / XPO vows to defend itself 'vigorously' as independently contracted drivers sue over misclassification
XPO Logistics, the fast-expanding trucking and forwarding company, must have come of age: it faces ...
News / Haulage sector welcomes driver apprentice scheme, but government must commit to funding
The haulage industry has issued a cautious welcome to the news that the UK government ...
Recommends / Why don't women become truckers?
The headline makes you think immediately of a hundred reasons why women wouldn’t want to ...
News / UK autumn budget brings massive boost to major roads, but ignores skills shortage
BIFA has urged the UK government to act and “put spades in the ground” after ...
Recommends / Self-driving trucks will be great for truckers... for now
Want a glimpse into the future of trucking? This is it. While driverless trucks are ...
What price truck driver shortages?
MIT’s Yossi Sheffi examines the reasons behind the shortage of truck drivers. He asks why, ...
- 1.GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2.'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
- 3.Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 4.Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
- 5.Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
- 1. Robert Keen on Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 2. Jim Oz on GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 3. Stewart on GMB union claims UK Mail 'pay cut or no job' offer to 6,000 drivers is illegal
- 4. Ingvar Bergman on HMM poised to launch independent high-speed Asia-North Europe service
- 5. Capt.Md.Hedayetul Islam on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading