News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / DP World gains ground as H1 investments and acquisitions bear fruit
DP World has continued to gain ground on its competitors, announcing growth in revenues, earnings ...
News / Shipping disruption and high air freight rates give sea-air operators a boost
The sea-air sector is enjoying a healthy resurgence, as high air freight rates, disruptions in ...
News / Container lines scramble for new trade routes as Gulf strengthens Qatar 'blockade'
As transport operators serving the Middle East Gulf region scramble to adjust to its rapidly changing ...
News / Providing better service can keep sea-air operators ahead of fast-developing rail options
Sea-air operators would be naïve or complacent to ignore the competition posed by cheaper modes ...
News / Cameron Thorpe to take over as London Gateway chief executive, as Simon Moore heads to Dubai
DP World London Gateway chief executive Simon Moore is moving on from his current position ...
News / The UAE must find the right balance for sea-air shippers as competition grows
Despite an estimated 40% decline in sea-air shipments over the UAE, David Phillips, president of ...
News / Gulf ports get ready for the big league as investment floods in to boost capacity
The Gulf region is set for yet another explosion in container terminal capacity as a ...
Recommends / DP World to pay $2.6bn for Jebel Ali free zone
It’s all change at DP World. The terminal operator plans to buy Jebel Ali free ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 3.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 2. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
- 4. Customer on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 5. Bob Battersby on BMW to shut UK Mini plant for at least a month on Brexit day