emergency bunker surcharge Headlines
News / Maersk warns customers they must help pay its bigger fuel bills after 2020
Facing an extra fuel bill of more than $2bn a year, as a consequence of the ...
News / Peak season sees freight rates more buoyant and carriers bullish on price hikes
Container freight rates on the major east-west deepsea trades are beginning to lift as the ...
News / CMA CGM extends emergency bunker surcharge despite fall in fuel price
CMA CGM has decided to extend its controversial emergency bunker surcharge (EBS) to include cargo ...
Recommends / OPEC moves toward raising oil supply to cool prices, as Iran softens stance
The logistics industry is more than aware of the inexorable rise in oil prices. But ...
News / Container line profits this year will be wiped out by rising fuel and charter prices
A leading shipping analyst has drastically cut its 2018 ocean carrier profitability forecast from $5bn ...
News / Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
The European Shippers Council (ESC) has accused container lines of price-signalling, following a wave of ...
News / Drewry wades in as a wave of anger builds over carrier bunker surcharges
In the face of increasing anger from shippers over emergency bunker surcharges, shipping consultant Drewry too has ...
News / Container spot rates react calmly to controversial bunker surcharges
Container spot rates from Asia to Europe this week showed only a modest reaction to the emergency ...
News / Carriers' new bunker surcharges spark anger among shippers and 3PLs
The imposition of emergency bunker surcharges looks set to pitch container shipping lines into direct conflict ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 3.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 2. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
- 4. Customer on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 5. Bob Battersby on BMW to shut UK Mini plant for at least a month on Brexit day