Emissions & Omissions Headlines
News / Pessimism in the air as the IMO pushes for reduced greenhouse gas emissions
The momentum behind efforts to curtail shipping’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions appears to have come ...
News / Transport 'undoubtedly the big-ticket item in reducing port emissions'
Pollutants at UK ports are declining at a minimal rate, mirroring wider national trends as ...
News / Work with haulage industry on emissions, don't penalise us, says RHA chief
UK transport groups have argued that road freight must not be penalised because it plays ...
News / Investors worry as major box lines still falter on strategy for low-sulphur laws
Investors are increasingly concerned that, with only 18 months to go until the IMO’s 0.5% ...
News / Time pressure on carriers to decide on scrubbers or more expensive greener fuel
With just over 18 months until the IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap regulations come into force, ...
News / Ports can help reduce ship emissions by using a 'polluter pays' fee system
Ports could play a major role in efforts to decarbonise the shipping industry and help ...
Recommends / 2035 and all that: global warming, ship emissions and acronym soup
Marvellous op-ed piece by Splash247 contributor Andrew Craig-Bennett on the emissions debate that is engulfing ...
News / Shippers fear huge surge in costs if IMO rules box ships must slow down
While shippers have been warned that low-sulphur regulations to be enforced globally in 2020 will ...
News / Maersk hints at using LNG in post-2020 low sulphur shipping
Maersk Line is considering converting some of its ships to run on LNG fuel ahead ...
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
- 1.New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 2.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe
- 1. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 2. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on FMC to standardise container detention and demurrage across the US
- 5. Steve Webster on Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe