European Commission Headlines
Recommends / UPS sues EU for $2.1bn after botched veto of TNT bid
UPS is set to return to European courts to win compensation for alleged damages from its ...
Comment / Europe's rail sector must grow up and enter the real world of hi-tech business
The comments by Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc to the European rail freight sector that “rail ...
Recommends / Brexit will invalidate UK airline operating licences in Europe, says EC
So now we know what is going to happen in the aviation sector once the UK ...
News / EC regulators approve Cosco takeover of OOCL, despite market share fears
The EC competition directorate has formally approved the takeover of OOCL by China’s Cosco, despite ...
News / Hamburg Süd fleet could be cut as Maersk faces up to takeover conditions
Following the completion of Maersk Line’s $4.4bn acquisition of Hamburg Süd on 30 November, the ...
Comment / The EU Port Services Regulation: there's certain to be uncertainty, post-Brexit
If ever there was a demonstration of just how intractable the process of Brexit promises ...
News / EU unveils its vision for a new, autonomous era in shipping history
Violeta Bulc, the European Commissioner for Transport, this week outlined the clearest vision yet that ...
News / French and Belgian corporation tax exemption for ports must end, rules EC
The European Commission has told the French and Belgian governments they must end the corporation tax-exemption for ...
News / EC competition watchdog reimposes €776m fine for air cargo cartel carriers
Ten airfreight carriers accused of being in a price-fixing cartel are to have annulled fines totalling €776m ...
- 1.Insurers brace for multi-million-dollar claims as Maersk Honam is towed to port
- 2.Container fire breaks out on a second Maersk box ship, but crew is safe
- 3.Maersk and MSC unveil new 2M Asia-Europe network, with 17 fewer port calls
- 4.Customers warned arrival of Maersk Honam containers could be delayed for months
- 5.Maersk CFO Jakob Stausholm in shock resignation over reorganisation
- 1. email@example.com on Education the key to preventing dangerous links in e-commerce supply chains
- 2. Ross Delaney on If sea freight has teu and feu, why doesn't air freight have meu and leu?
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding
- 4. email@example.com on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: Expeditors, by far the best takeover target in freight forwarding