European Commission Headlines
News / Two-year probe clears port of Antwerp of breaking EU state aid rules
A two-year investigation into whether Antwerp port authority broke EU state aid regulations in its ...
News / Drewry sides with those wanting extension to block exemption for joint liner services
Drewry has waded into the debate over the European Commission’s consultation on the block exemption ...
News / Container line alliances reduce shipper choice, says ITF as the EC reviews the rules
The EU should end the block exemption against forming consortia the liner shipping industry currently enjoys, says a new ...
Comment / A marketshare conundrum for liners, as expiry of EC block exemption nears
In a year and half, the deepsea alliance structure could find itself on the wrong side ...
News / Legal double-whammy hangs over container lines caught up in US Iran sanctions
Major container shipping lines that withdraw services from Iran, following the re-imposition of US sanctions, ...
Recommends / UPS sues EU for $2.1bn after botched veto of TNT bid
UPS is set to return to European courts to win compensation for alleged damages from its ...
News / EC imposes €395m fine on car carrier cartel, but whistleblower MOL wins immunity
The European Commission’s competition directorate has levied fines totalling €395m on four car carriers for ...
Comment / Europe's rail sector must grow up and enter the real world of hi-tech business
The comments by Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc to the European rail freight sector that “rail ...
Recommends / Brexit will invalidate UK airline operating licences in Europe, says EC
So now we know what is going to happen in the aviation sector once the UK ...
News / EC regulators approve Cosco takeover of OOCL, despite market share fears
The EC competition directorate has formally approved the takeover of OOCL by China’s Cosco, despite ...
- 1.New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 2.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe
- 1. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 2. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on FMC to standardise container detention and demurrage across the US
- 5. Steve Webster on Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe