European Commission Headlines
Recommends / Pressure grows on EU to pull the plug on Germany's contentious road tolls
Controversial German road tolls have put the EU’s largest economy on an almighty collision course ...
Recommends / EC to tighten labour rules for truck drivers in May
The salaries of truck drivers across the EU continues to vary enormously – a Bulgarian ...
Recommends / Brussels to crack down on VAT fraud by firms shipping goods to EU
Yet another challenge thrown up by the relentless growth of e-commerce volumes is the non-EU ...
Recommends / EU member states to impose ‘no-fly zones’ for drones
News from the excellent EurActive on the latest debate within the European Commission about how ...
News / Shipowners reject bid to force EU ship-scrapping rules on the global fleet
The introduction of ship recycling licences for all vessels calling at EU ports has been ...
Recommends / EU finally starts talks on aviation agreements with Gulf countries
The European Commission is expected to get the green light next week from EU member ...
News / EC clears CMA CGM bid to buy APL, but it must withdraw carrier from G6 alliance
The European Commission’s competition directorate has cleared CMA CGM’s acquisition of Singapore line APL and ...
News / European Shippers Council calls on EC to ban general rate increases by shipping lines
The European Shippers’ Council (ESC) has asked EC competition commissioner Margaret Vestager to abolish general ...
News / Time for all air cargo forwarders to move into the digital age – or 'shipments simply won't fly'
Medium and small air cargo forwarders must embrace digitisation in advance of new regulations, TIACA ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers