European Commission Headlines
Recommends / Brexit will invalidate UK airline operating licences in Europe, says EC
So now we know what is going to happen in the aviation sector once the UK ...
News / Hamburg Süd fleet could be cut as Maersk faces up to takeover conditions
Following the completion of Maersk Line’s $4.4bn acquisition of Hamburg Süd on 30 November, the ...
Comment / The EU Port Services Regulation: there's certain to be uncertainty, post-Brexit
If ever there was a demonstration of just how intractable the process of Brexit promises ...
News / EU unveils its vision for a new, autonomous era in shipping history
Violeta Bulc, the European Commissioner for Transport, this week outlined the clearest vision yet that ...
News / French and Belgian corporation tax exemption for ports must end, rules EC
The European Commission has told the French and Belgian governments they must end the corporation tax-exemption for ...
News / EC competition watchdog reimposes €776m fine for air cargo cartel carriers
Ten airfreight carriers accused of being in a price-fixing cartel are to have annulled fines totalling €776m ...
Recommends / Pressure grows on EU to pull the plug on Germany's contentious road tolls
Controversial German road tolls have put the EU’s largest economy on an almighty collision course ...
Recommends / EC to tighten labour rules for truck drivers in May
The salaries of truck drivers across the EU continues to vary enormously – a Bulgarian ...
Recommends / Brussels to crack down on VAT fraud by firms shipping goods to EU
Yet another challenge thrown up by the relentless growth of e-commerce volumes is the non-EU ...
- 1.A record air freight peak season flies into a real 'perfect storm'
- 2.Gloomy outlook for transpacific rates as Maersk becomes latest to quit TSA
- 3.Forwarders claim carriers are controlling capacity to force up air freight rates
- 4.A Christmas bonus for carriers as demand for air freight capacity 'goes crazy'
- 5.Forwarders check out alternative air cargo gateways as Frankfurt congestion continues
- 1. peter street on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Peter Street on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. dave on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 4. Derek Jones on Weight loadfactors a poor way of showing utilisation, Project Selfie confirms
- 5. John O'Brien on Shippers hit out at the 'paper chase' of too complex air cargo supply chains