Talking shop: the retail business Headlines
Recommends / Alibaba rewrites e-com playbook, while ZTO is sued over $1.4bn IPO
Two stories from the world of Chinese ecommerce today. First up, Alibaba is going into ...
Recommends / Wal-Mart to punish suppliers for delivering early
If there’s one thing consignees absolutely hate, it’s goods arriving at their facilities late. Well, ...
Comment / Analysis: a weak economy more of a threat to logistics than cyber attacks
“Maersk ransomware attack may hit ‘tens of thousands’ of shippers”, ran The Loadstar headline at ...
Recommends / Nike resisted Amazon dominance, but finally capitulated
There’s a good article in The Australian on the new relationship between Nike and Amazon. ...
People / Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
Sri Lankan 3PL Expo Freight (EFL) has signed up three supply chain industry veterans as ...
Recommends / Retail's re-invention is just getting started
The retail sector comes under the microscope today. It may come as no surprise that ...
News / Allport Cargo Services eyes expansion in France with takeover of ECT
Allport Cargo Services (ACS) is to acquire French sea freight forwarder ECT, with an eye ...
News / Analysis: Result! New management firmly in the driving seat at Wincanton
Wincanton embarked on a strong upward climb on the stock market today, following an already ...
Recommends / What in the world is causing the retail meltdown of 2017?
Fascinating long read from The Atlantic on the crisis consuming the US retail market. It ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd – a hungry Maersk may be waiting to pounce
- 2.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 3.K+N unveils 'transformation' plan for its 'customers, technology and people'
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel charges in with supply chain solution for lithium batteries
- 5.CMA CGM 'outperforms the industry' as Q2 profits hit $227m
- 1. New on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 2. Luiz Galvão on Integrators and e-commerce giants a real threat to air freight forwarders
- 3. mumtaz on First freight train from UK sets off as China-Europe rail services soar
- 4. Pedram Parniani on CMA CGM to acquire Brazilian cabotage line Mercosul from Maersk
- 5. Mahabub Hossain on Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships