Talking shop: the retail business Headlines
Recommends / Alibaba rewrites e-com playbook, while ZTO is sued over $1.4bn IPO
Two stories from the world of Chinese ecommerce today. First up, Alibaba is going into ...
Recommends / Wal-Mart to punish suppliers for delivering early
If there’s one thing consignees absolutely hate, it’s goods arriving at their facilities late. Well, ...
Recommends / Nike resisted Amazon dominance, but finally capitulated
There’s a good article in The Australian on the new relationship between Nike and Amazon. ...
People / Ram Menen, Stephen Dearnley and Mike Sherman join EFL
Sri Lankan 3PL Expo Freight (EFL) has signed up three supply chain industry veterans as ...
Recommends / Retail's re-invention is just getting started
The retail sector comes under the microscope today. It may come as no surprise that ...
News / Allport Cargo Services eyes expansion in France with takeover of ECT
Allport Cargo Services (ACS) is to acquire French sea freight forwarder ECT, with an eye ...
News / Analysis: Result! New management firmly in the driving seat at Wincanton
Wincanton embarked on a strong upward climb on the stock market today, following an already ...
Recommends / What in the world is causing the retail meltdown of 2017?
Fascinating long read from The Atlantic on the crisis consuming the US retail market. It ...
Recommends / US retailers face growing hostility from suppliers
In the week that Alibaba’s Jack Ma warned that “in the next 30 years, the ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers