Federal Maritime Commission Headlines
News / Maersk still feeling effects of cyber attack, but FMC provides breathing space
Maersk is to conduct a “full post-mortem” on last month’s Petya cyber attack that crashed its global ...
People / Mario Cordero appointed executive director at port of Long Beach
The board of the US west coast port of Long Beach has appointed former Federal ...
News / FMC green light for 2M Alliance co-operation with HMM on transpacific
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has approved the Maersk Line and MSC (2M Alliance) ...
News / Shipping can and must prevent another bankruptcy, says FMC chief Doyle
The entire shipping industry – carriers and their customers and suppliers – need to come together to ...
People / Michael Kouri confirmed as new FMC chairman
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has confirmed the appointment of Michael Khouri (pictured above) ...
News / FMC commissioner slams green light for joint tug booking by foreign ro-ro carriers
The Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) will allow a consortium of ro-ro shipping lines to jointly negotiate ...
News / Era of container terminal alliances nears after FMC approves Miami operator agreement
Last month’s decision by the US Federal Maritime Commission to authorise two terminal operators in ...
News / Shipper customers kick back at 2M Alliance plan to put their cargo on HMM ships
News that their cargo may be loaded onto Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) vessels has angered ...
News / THE Alliance prepares contingency plans for another shipping line bankruptcy
In the wake of the Hanjin bankruptcy, THE Alliance has devised a “catastrophic instrument” funding mechanism, ...
- 1.Analysis: is FedEx planning to put its stamp on a vulnerable Royal Mail?
- 2.Uli Ogiermann quits Qatar for return to Europe
- 3.K+N gets back to profit growth, but to hit 2017 targets, it must do better in Q4
- 4.Don't believe the hype - there is a long way to go before digitisation revolutionises container shipping, says Alphaliner
- 5.Forwarders warned: 'It's the 21st century, step up or lose out'
- 1. taparish on Delivery by rocket could change the game for UPS and FedEx
- 2. Jaye on Quit Weining, you're a species bound for extinction
- 3. Jason h on West Africa becomes the new pirate hot spot as ships fight back in Somalia
- 4. Anthony on Uli Ogiermann quits Qatar for return to Europe
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Uli Ogiermann quits Qatar for return to Europe