Federal Maritime Commission Headlines
People / Mario Cordero appointed executive director at port of Long Beach
The board of the US west coast port of Long Beach has appointed former Federal ...
News / FMC green light for 2M Alliance co-operation with HMM on transpacific
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has approved the Maersk Line and MSC (2M Alliance) ...
News / Shipping can and must prevent another bankruptcy, says FMC chief Doyle
The entire shipping industry – carriers and their customers and suppliers – need to come together to ...
People / Michael Kouri confirmed as new FMC chairman
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has confirmed the appointment of Michael Khouri (pictured above) ...
News / FMC commissioner slams green light for joint tug booking by foreign ro-ro carriers
The Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) will allow a consortium of ro-ro shipping lines to jointly negotiate ...
News / Era of container terminal alliances nears after FMC approves Miami operator agreement
Last month’s decision by the US Federal Maritime Commission to authorise two terminal operators in ...
News / Shipper customers kick back at 2M Alliance plan to put their cargo on HMM ships
News that their cargo may be loaded onto Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) vessels has angered ...
News / THE Alliance prepares contingency plans for another shipping line bankruptcy
In the wake of the Hanjin bankruptcy, THE Alliance has devised a “catastrophic instrument” funding mechanism, ...
Recommends / US FMC ‘stops the clock’ on the Ocean Alliance
It appears it might not be plain sailing for one of the new mega east-west ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 5.Analysis: FedEx may have to compromise between growth and profitability
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 2. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 3. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 4. VarAway on Why airlines may have to cut back on cargo due to global warming
- 5. christine Glenn on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers