Federal Maritime Commission Headlines
Recommends / US regulator demands 'transparency' in fees for containers
A seven-month investigation by the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) is set to see the ...
FMC schedules hearings on fair port practices
Global Trade Magazine reports that the US Federal Maritime Commission will begin hearing evidence from ...
People / William Doyle to resign as US Federal Maritime Commissioner
US Federal Maritime Commissioner William Doyle has informed Donald Trump he will be leaving his ...
News / Maersk still feeling effects of cyber attack, but FMC provides breathing space
Maersk is to conduct a “full post-mortem” on last month’s Petya cyber attack that crashed its global ...
People / Mario Cordero appointed executive director at port of Long Beach
The board of the US west coast port of Long Beach has appointed former Federal ...
News / FMC green light for 2M Alliance co-operation with HMM on transpacific
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has approved the Maersk Line and MSC (2M Alliance) ...
News / Shipping can and must prevent another bankruptcy, says FMC chief Doyle
The entire shipping industry – carriers and their customers and suppliers – need to come together to ...
People / Michael Kouri confirmed as new FMC chairman
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has confirmed the appointment of Michael Khouri (pictured above) ...
News / FMC commissioner slams green light for joint tug booking by foreign ro-ro carriers
The Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) will allow a consortium of ro-ro shipping lines to jointly negotiate ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 3.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 2. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
- 4. Customer on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 5. Bob Battersby on BMW to shut UK Mini plant for at least a month on Brexit day