People / FIATA appoints Hans Gunther Kersten as Marco Sorgetti prepares to step down as DG
The International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA) has appointed Hans Gunther Kersten, pictured, as ...
News / Logistics industry applauds WTO trade facilitation agreement
The logistics community has welcomed ratification of the WTO trade facilitation agreement, describing it as a ...
News / Forwarders should become industry disrupters, but beware the politicians
3PLs have the opportunity to disrupt the market – if they embrace technological change and ...
News / Forwarders finally on equal footing with air cargo carriers following outbreak of peace between IATA and FIATA
It has taken four years, and several disagreements, but forwarders are no longer mere “agents” ...
People / BIFA plans forwarding qualification – but is asking 'what training does the industry want?'
BIFA is considering launching a professional standard qualification – but is seeking the advice of ...
News / IATA and FIATA agree to disagree on air freight plan – at a cost to forwarder/airline relations
All air freight forwarders must be free to choose whether or not to sign up ...
News / IATA and FIATA air cargo deal finally ready for take-off, but CASS still a sticking point
A long three years after the idea was first debated, it appears that forwarders will ...
News / FIATA's Young Freight Forwarder of the Year is following in her mother's footsteps
The 2015 Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year is Daniella Smal of Zambia, who ...
News / An airline-forwarder relationship to push air cargo into the modern age is closer
The painfully slow attempt to equalise the relationship between forwarders and airlines is inching ahead, ...
- 1.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 2.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 3.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 4.Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 5.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. email@example.com on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion