Financial footings Headlines
Comment / Analysis: Cosco's acquisition of OOCL – the most expensive in liner history?
The China Cosco/OOCL saga is officially over – or is it? Reaction On the stock market, the ...
Comment / Analysis – Eddie Stobart Logistics going for gold, but IPO wins no medals
As the old saying goes, “not all that glisters is gold” – and that, in ...
News / S&P takes Hapag-Lloyd off its watch list, but remains concerned
Rating agency Standard & Poor’s has taken Hapag-Lloyd off its ‘CreditWatch’ listing. It has been listed ...
News / Yang Ming plays for time as it looks to current shareholders for more finance
After advising it would announce the details of its new investors this month, Yang Ming ...
Comment / Analysis: ZIM must plot a course through some choppy financial waters
Last week I compared the business of owning ships to being a bull in a ...
Comment / Analysis: Seaspan funding plans may prove costly for investors
Seaspan’s funding plans continue to be high on my radar, following a 60% plunge in ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
Comment / Analysis: seems like Groundhog Day for CMA CGM's promised IPO
Like some sort of addictive, recurring déjà vu, I find myself once more wondering whether ...
Comment / Analysis: cut in dividend may sound a warning to APMM investors
The share price of AP Møller Maersk Group has risen by around 40% since last ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Rod James on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 2. Ken on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 3. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 5. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers