Freight weights Headlines
News / MSC links up with INTTRA to help shippers comply with new container weight verification rules
Mediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) has signed a partnership agreement with container shipping booking platform INTTRA ...
Recommends / SOLAS Method 2 for DB Schenker in Rotterdam
While news and analysis of the forthcoming Solas regulation has been pouring out of supply ...
Comment / US exporters' specious argument for delaying container weight regulations
For over 20 years, shippers have been legally obliged to declare the correct weight of ...
Comment / Can air cargo capitalise on confusion and congestion from new container weighing rules?
July 1 2016 is a date etched on the minds of shippers and forwarders: the ...
News / BIFA adds more seminars as demand soars for details of incoming new regulations
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) has added three new seminar dates for forwarders needing ...
News / Varied tolerance on box weight proof will create 'uneven playing field', claims EVO
Dutch shipper body EVO has warned of a flaw in the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) ...
News / Industry fears law on container weight verification could bring cargo chaos
Shippers, forwarders, shipping lines and container terminals “urgently” need to begin discussions over the practicalities ...
News / Forwarders and 3PLs most likely to bear the brunt of new container weight laws
Freight forwarders are likely to take a central role in the verification of container weights ...
News / Weighing containers may have prevented Eugene Maersk fire, claims safety expert
Weighing containers before loading aboard ship last year could have averted a stack collapse judged ...
- 1.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 2.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 3.Temasek and Kuehne + Nagel to invest in early-stage logistics tech firms
- 4.Port of Southampton to lose call by Maersk/MSC Asia-Europe service
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'
- 2. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 5. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion