Freight weights Headlines
News / MSC links up with INTTRA to help shippers comply with new container weight verification rules
Mediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) has signed a partnership agreement with container shipping booking platform INTTRA ...
Recommends / SOLAS Method 2 for DB Schenker in Rotterdam
While news and analysis of the forthcoming Solas regulation has been pouring out of supply ...
Comment / US exporters' specious argument for delaying container weight regulations
For over 20 years, shippers have been legally obliged to declare the correct weight of ...
Comment / Can air cargo capitalise on confusion and congestion from new container weighing rules?
July 1 2016 is a date etched on the minds of shippers and forwarders: the ...
News / BIFA adds more seminars as demand soars for details of incoming new regulations
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) has added three new seminar dates for forwarders needing ...
News / Varied tolerance on box weight proof will create 'uneven playing field', claims EVO
Dutch shipper body EVO has warned of a flaw in the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) ...
News / Industry fears law on container weight verification could bring cargo chaos
Shippers, forwarders, shipping lines and container terminals “urgently” need to begin discussions over the practicalities ...
News / Forwarders and 3PLs most likely to bear the brunt of new container weight laws
Freight forwarders are likely to take a central role in the verification of container weights ...
News / Weighing containers may have prevented Eugene Maersk fire, claims safety expert
Weighing containers before loading aboard ship last year could have averted a stack collapse judged ...
News / AEO scheme suggested for container shippers to comply with new weight rules
In response to the forthcoming mandatory verification of the weight of containers, the Global Shippers ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. email@example.com on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making