Global Ship Lease Headlines
News / Shipowners Global Ship Lease and Poseidon Containers to merge
Non-operating shipowners Global Ship Lease and Poseidon Containers are to merge in a deal worth ...
News / GSL takes major impairment hit in 2017, but stays bullish about recovery
Containership owner Global Ship Lease (GSL) reported a net loss of $99.8m for the fourth ...
News / Global Ship Lease eyes new ships and acquisitions after round of debt financing
Non-operating containership owner Global Ship Lease (GSL) is eyeing merger and acquisition activity after a recent round ...
News / Charter market still very bad news for the NOOs as their losses mount
In just seven years, some $2.7bn has been wiped off the value of the seven publicly ...
News / Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller containerships, with limited exposure to the volatile deepsea east-west trades, are enjoying increases in ...
News / No holiday bonus for container charter market as demand weakens
Containership brokers are concerned about the fixture prospects for the smaller ship types in the ...
News / Danaos still feeling the pain of Hanjin collapse as charter market stays flat
Greek containership owner Danaos has said the sector’s charter market is “moving sideways” and it ...
Comment / Analysis: breathing is harder for box lines as they climb higher debt mountains
I have been looking for signs that the container shipping industry is getting used to ...
News / Impairment charges keep GSL floating in red ink for 2016
Containership owner Global Ship Lease (GSL) posted a net loss of $68.2m for 2016, following ...
- 1.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 2.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 3.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 4.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 5.Maersk pushes logistics ambition, buying US customs house brokerage specialist
- 1. Gavin van Marle on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 2. Frederik deCockBuning on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on 2M cancels another Asia-North Europe sailing as demand gets even softer
- 4. AF on Flexport in talks to raise $500m in SoftBank-led deal
- 5. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe