People / Flexport opens Hamburg office headed by Janis Bargsten
Flexport has appointed Janis Bargsten (pictured) director of accounts for the Austria, Germany, and Switzerland ...
Recommends / German antitrust agency fines tug operators
Three tug companies are facing fines of more than $15m by the German antitrust regulator ...
News / Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
A storm is brewing in the city of Hamburg over the port authority awarding the ...
News / Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
Shippers wishing to book space on container vessels from North Europe to Asia are still ...
Recommends / Port of Hamburg stops the rot
Port of Hamburg has reversed 2015’s disastrous 9.3% decline in container throughput, handling 8.9m teu ...
News / Elbe deepening will go ahead, but Port of Hamburg must meet green targets first
Germany’s Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig has rubber stamped, in principle, Port of Hamburg’s plans ...
News / Port of Hamburg sees Elbe dredging as crucial to regaining lost throughput
The long-running saga of the deepening of the river Elbe will be decided this year ...
News / Strong Q3 sees port of Rotterdam bounce back ahead of alliance network rejig
Container throughput at the port of Rotterdam edged down just 0.4% in the first nine ...
News / Hanjin announces operations in Europe will be axed – but staff are the last to know
Hanjin Shipping said today it had received approval from the Seoul bankruptcy court to shutter ...
- 1.Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2.Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
- 3.ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4.CEVA unveils plans for relationship with CMA CGM as Q1 results satisfy
- 5.Major forwarders begin the fight to get ahead in the digital supply chain race
- 1. James on DHL thinks outside the box inside the car boot
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: tie-up with a major forwarder the next step for CMA CGM after CEVA?
- 3. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on North American rail operators put profits before customers, claim shippers
- 4. Cargolution on TIACA's Air Cargo Forum 2018 takes off in Toronto
- 5. Itsik on Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships