News / Hamburg and Rotterdam lead the way in call for data sharing among ports
Two of Europe’s largest container gateways, Rotterdam and Hamburg, today revealed that they have been involved in ‘unprecedented ...
People / Flexport opens Hamburg office headed by Janis Bargsten
Flexport has appointed Janis Bargsten (pictured) director of accounts for the Austria, Germany, and Switzerland ...
Recommends / German antitrust agency fines tug operators
Three tug companies are facing fines of more than $15m by the German antitrust regulator ...
News / Things may be looking up for Europe's ports, say analysts, but growth is slowing
North European ports may finally have rebounded: analysts are reporting a prosperous first half to ...
News / Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
A storm is brewing in the city of Hamburg over the port authority awarding the ...
News / Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
Shippers wishing to book space on container vessels from North Europe to Asia are still ...
Recommends / Port of Hamburg stops the rot
Port of Hamburg has reversed 2015’s disastrous 9.3% decline in container throughput, handling 8.9m teu ...
News / Elbe deepening will go ahead, but Port of Hamburg must meet green targets first
Germany’s Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig has rubber stamped, in principle, Port of Hamburg’s plans ...
News / Port of Hamburg sees Elbe dredging as crucial to regaining lost throughput
The long-running saga of the deepening of the river Elbe will be decided this year ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 5.Analysis: DSV must deal, and quickly – but with which player?
- 1. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. email@example.com on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 3. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 5. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'