Handle with care Headlines
People / Menzies' new Mr Cargo unveils ambitious plans for UK air freight operation
Menzies Aviation is to put a new focus on its cargo operations in the UK. As ...
People / WFS announces management changes in corporate restructure
Craig Smyth, former boss of Menzies who took on the WFS challenge last year, has ...
News / WFS continues its expansion with takeover of US's largest cargo handler, CAS
Consolidation in the cargo handling business continues apace, following WFS’s acquisition of North America’s largest ...
Recommends / Lithium batteries riskier to aircraft than previously thought, research shows
Here comes the lithium battery debate once more, and it is likely to gain further ...
Recommends / Lithium metal batteries could be banned from bellies by January 2015
From January 1 2015, lithium metal batteries will no longer be able to travel in ...
Recommends / Clock ticking on lithium metal battery cargo?
This week ICAO’s Dangerous Goods Panel is reviewing tests completed last month on the transport ...
Recommends / Understanding risk and threats to the supply chain
An interesting Q&A with John Manners-Bell, who has published a book on Supply Chain Risk. ...
Recommends / Amazon slapped by fine over leaking hazmat shipment
Yet again the delivery of dangerous goods comes under the spotlight after Amazon – which ...
30% of online purchases are mailed in breach of dangerous goods rules
The shipping of as much as 30% of goods sold on online retail and auction ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Najma Qureshi on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 2. Gunther Ginckels on Port of Antwerp forms action committee to tackle ongoing barge congestion
- 3. Seetah Kowlessur on Comment: how logistics service providers can stand out in a tender
- 4. Mubin Mondal on Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
- 5. Luc Castera on Digitisation will bring a new era for shipping, but only 'the fittest' will survive