News / Success of SM Line shows there is room for ambitious liner start-ups
Cheap containerships, together with a sustained period of reduced fuel costs and a recovering freight ...
News / Tradelane rivalry may scupper partnership of 14 Korean shipping lines, warns analyst
Yesterday’s partnership agreement between 14 South Korean shipping lines falls far short of the consolidation ...
News / Hanjin creditors can expect to get back less than two cents in the dollar
Thousands of creditors of bankrupt ocean carrier Hanjin Shipping can expect to get back less ...
Recommends / Shipping slump: why a vessel worth $60m is scrapped
Last year liner shipping was again in a sea of red ink, collectively posting a sixth consecutive ...
News / Air cargo rates boost after Hanjin collapse will be short-lived, says consultant
Airfreight rates benefited from false bargaining powers rather than any significant modal shift in the ...
News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / HMM to buy stake in Hanjin's port terminal in US
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is to buy a 20% stake in Hanjin’s US port terminal ...
People / Cho Won-tae appointed president of Korean Air in wake of 'nut lady' scandal
Hanjin Group has promoted Cho Won-tae (pictured), son of group chairman Cho Yang-ho and brother ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
Recommends / Spreading festive cheer: stranded crew on Hanjin ship get Xmas tree and gifts
Spare a thought for the poor crew of the Hanjin Scarlet – still stuck on ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 3.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Market insight: Pick-a-merger time for Hapag Lloyd as suitors line up
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 2. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 4. email@example.com on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making
- 5. Finn on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam