News / End of a maritime chapter as TUI sells its final stake in Hapag-Lloyd
German travel group TUI has finally sold its remaining stake in Hapag-Lloyd, ending an investment in ...
LongRead / New Loadstar LongRead: Pharmaceutical logistics – can ocean carriers eat into this growing and profitable sector for air?
Carriers – both air and sea – are attracted by the high yields that come ...
News / S&P takes Hapag-Lloyd off its watch list, but remains concerned
Rating agency Standard & Poor’s has taken Hapag-Lloyd off its ‘CreditWatch’ listing. It has been listed ...
News / Transpacific rates still under pressure but Asia-Europe space still tight
Container spot rates from Asia to the US came under more pressure this week, with the ...
News / After a poor first quarter, container lines are on course for a profitable year
After a very disappointing first quarter for the liner industry, attributed mainly to higher bunker prices, ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
News / Container lines scramble for new trade routes as Gulf strengthens Qatar 'blockade'
As transport operators serving the Middle East Gulf region scramble to adjust to its rapidly changing ...
News / OOCL axes services to port of Gothenburg while labour dispute continues
Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has suspended its services until the industrial action at APM Terminals’ ...
News / Containership supply tight, but carrier clout brings charter rates back down
Despite a limited supply in several sectors, daily hire charter rates for container vessels are ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 5.Panalpina upbeat over H1 results, but analysts have doubts
- 1. email@example.com on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Rethink on barge operations vital to ease congestion at Antwerp and Rotterdam
- 3. Mike Wackett on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 4. VarAway on Why airlines may have to cut back on cargo due to global warming
- 5. christine Glenn on Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers