News / Hapag-Lloyd gets EC competition green light to complete UASC merger
The European Commission yesterday approved the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC – subject to the latter withdrawing from ...
News / Container shipping needs huge wave of redundancies to get back to profitability
The global container shipping industry needs to reduce its land-based workforce by 31,000 to improve efficiency, ...
News / Third-quarter profit means Hapag-Lloyd is on course for a happier 2017
Hapag-Lloyd outperformed its liner peers in the third quarter of the year, producing a $9m ...
News / Carriers pin their hopes for 2017 contracts on spot rates holding firm
The next six weeks are critical for Asia-Europe carriers as they try to nail down ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
News / Silver lining for carriers may be in sight as clouds over Asia-N Europe rates begin to clear
Container shipping rates on the main east-west trades rose this week, reversing two weeks of ...
Recommends / UASC key figures unveil 'dismal performance'
United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), which is close to merging with Hapag-Lloyd, revealed enormous deficits ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd hopes for UASC merger synergies after posting $158m half-year loss
Hapag-Lloyd sank further into the red in the second quarter losing $111m and taking its ...
News / Rough seas ahead as container shipping faces a peak season 'washout'
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe have lost a big chunk of last week’s ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 2.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 3.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Carriers' earning potential increases as spot rates continue upward trend
- 1. Arthur Brown on Unsustainable air freight rate hikes are not healthy, say shippers
- 2. Jaye Tucker on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. email@example.com on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 4. Brigstocke Lexden on Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce equity capital
- 5. Rod james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs