Hong Kong Headlines
People / Mark Whitehead to retire from HACTL as Wilson Kwong steps up
Mark Whitehead (pictured) is to retire from HACTL, where he has been CEO for nearly ...
Container port throughput growth in Q3 the highest for almost seven years
In the clearest sign yet that the lingering effects of the 2009 global financial crisis ...
People / All change at Cathay Pacific Cargo as Mark Sutch goes to India and Ronald Lam named cargo director
Cathay Pacific has appointed Ronald Lam (pictured above) as director of cargo, following the announcement ...
Recommends / Cosco earnings surge as market recovers
Cosco Shipping has announced a 42% hike in profits for the six months to June ...
Recommends / Typhoon Hato making waves in the east
Hurricane Harvey may have dominated recent headlines – including our own today – but for ...
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
Recommends / Is Hong Kong’s giant bridge a road to nowhere or the path to new opportunities?
Here’s a great read from the South China Morning Post on what will be, depending ...
News / Kerry Logistics sells stake in Asia Airfreight Terminal to build M&A war chest
Kerry Logistics is part of a group of shareholders that have agreed to sell their stake ...
News / Tigers begins to roar as Asia's e-commerce market starts to bite
Hong Kong-based 3PL Tigers is moving beyond traditional logistics services with its new e-commerce marketplace, ...
- 1.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 2.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. email@example.com on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV