Hong Kong Headlines
News / Tigers begins to roar as Asia's e-commerce market starts to bite
Hong Kong-based 3PL Tigers is moving beyond traditional logistics services with its new e-commerce marketplace, ...
News / Singapore wins, HK and Port Klang the losers, in alliance reshuffle
Hong Kong and Port Klang are set to lose out on Asia-Europe port calls when the ...
News / UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
UASC has revised the upcoming UK call of its 18,800 teu AL Muraykh from Felixstowe ...
News / Less transhipment cargo and uncertainty over new US policy hits HPHT profits
Hutchison Ports Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) recorded a 6% year-over-year drop in throughput for 2016, and ...
News / Strong air cargo peak boosts carrier coffers, despite hi-tech hiatus
A strong and “proper” peak season may have arrived at last for air cargo, but ...
News / Fears for Hong Kong's status as a major hub port if Chinese ease cabotage rules
Hong Kong’s status as a major container port hub could suffer a severe blow if mainland ...
News / Airports need to rethink as belly freight grows and cargo villages go out of style
Cargo villages on airports are an anachronism, according to one US-based cargo facility developer. Built away ...
Comment / Analysis: bears get that sinking feeling as HPH Trust gets into deep water
Six years ago, Hutchinson Port Holdings (HPH) Trust’s IPO grabbed the headlines. Not only was ...
News / Terminal operators under fire from shippers over high fees for releasing Hanjin containers
The fall-out from the bankruptcy of South Korean line Hanjin continues this week as more ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers