IMO low-sulphur regulations Headlines
Recommends / Fuel price spread sheds doubt on economic case for scrubbers
Fuel prices vary, of course, but based on the economics put forward in Seatrade Maritime, ...
News / Scrubber installation gathers pace ahead of new low-sulphur fuel rule
The number of exhaust gas cleaning systems (scrubbers) being installed on containerships is gathering pace, ...
News / BIMCO weighs in with help on charters ahead of low-sulphur fuel regulations
BIMCO has published two IMO 2020 clauses for inclusion in charter parties relating to the ...
News / Shippers claim carriers' 2020 fuel surcharges are too costly and too early
Shippers remain unconvinced of the justification for the size of the surcharge ocean carriers are proposing to cover ...
News / MPC sees 'significant upside' for scrubber-linked charters
Owners of feeder vessels are set to benefit from “market disruption” ahead of IMO 2020, ...
News / Containership scrapping gathers pace ahead of IMO 2020
In the last 30 days, 23 container vessels have been sold for scrap – nearly half the number ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd jumps on the scrubber band wagon before they ‘sell out’
Hapag-Lloyd has belatedly joined the rush to install scrubber technology on its container vessels, ahead ...
News / 2020 low sulphur regulations could be 'the saviour' of container shipping
The IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap, to be imposed in January 2020, could be a “blessing ...
Recommends / MPC gambles on scrubbers
Fast-growing Norwegian feeder vessel owner MPC Container Ships has placed firm orders for the installation ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 2.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
- 5.US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 1. Joao Tavares on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. Henry Gorski on US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
- 3. CGL Network on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 4. mary on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading
- 5. robert on Questions on stowage as enquiries begin into how MSC Zoe spilled 281 boxes