News / IMO launches initiative to help remove plastic litter at sea
The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) is to launch a wide-ranging study on how it can help ...
News / IMO 'kills remaining hopes for requiring the building of more efficient containerships'
Efforts to decarbonise the shipping sector have taken a step back after the IMO overturned ...
News / Speed limits for box ships the best way to hit emissions target, IMO told
Mandatory speed limits could be shipping lines’ best hope of achieving the IMO’s 2030 emissions reduction ...
News / IMO looks set to introduce ban on ships carrying high-sulphur fuel
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) will today decide whether to ban the carriage of high-sulphur fuels, The ...
News / Pessimism in the air as the IMO pushes for reduced greenhouse gas emissions
The momentum behind efforts to curtail shipping’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions appears to have come ...
News / Maersk issues new rules for stowage of dangerous goods on its box ships
Maersk Line has announced it is deploying new guidelines for the stowage of containers on ...
News / TT Club says still more needs to be done to ensure container safety
As the IMO’s sub-committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers meets in London this week, TT ...
News / Impact of IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel rule will be “close to a perfect storm”, says Maersk
The IMO’s 2020 0.5% sulphur cap regulations could cost shipping giant Maersk more than $2bn a year. Simon ...
Recommends / Low-sulphur compliance is not that simple for ship operators
Hitherto, most of the debate surrounding the IMO’s tough 0.5% sulphur cap, coming into force ...
News / Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
Less than 18 months before the IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap regulations come into force for ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs