News / Other carriers should copy Maersk and spot check containers, says TT Club
Global shipping insurer TT Club has commended Maersk’s decision to begin random spot checks on ...
News / As automation advances, transport workers must be helped to develop new skills
Governments and industry must ensure access to the skills of the future as automation and ...
News / Container shipping and charity set their combined sights on 'greener' seas
Charities and industry have aligned to urge governments to halt the destruction of marine habitats. A ...
News / IMO launches initiative to help remove plastic litter at sea
The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) is to launch a wide-ranging study on how it can help ...
News / IMO 'kills remaining hopes for requiring the building of more efficient containerships'
Efforts to decarbonise the shipping sector have taken a step back after the IMO overturned ...
News / Speed limits for box ships the best way to hit emissions target, IMO told
Mandatory speed limits could be shipping lines’ best hope of achieving the IMO’s 2030 emissions reduction ...
News / IMO looks set to introduce ban on ships carrying high-sulphur fuel
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) will today decide whether to ban the carriage of high-sulphur fuels, The ...
News / Pessimism in the air as the IMO pushes for reduced greenhouse gas emissions
The momentum behind efforts to curtail shipping’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions appears to have come ...
News / Maersk issues new rules for stowage of dangerous goods on its box ships
Maersk Line has announced it is deploying new guidelines for the stowage of containers on ...
- 1.Panalpina shareholder hits out over decision to reject DSV takeover bid
- 2.Grab some popcorn and watch the Panalpina-DSV-Agility soap opera
- 3.Arrival of first gearless containership a turning point for DRC supply chains
- 4.Supply chain radar: don't wake me up right now – 'DHL Global Forwarding, Freight + DB Schenker being considered'
- 5.Fire-stricken APL Vancouver Singapore-bound after general average is declared
- 1. Jeffrey Jarvis on Carole Walker appointed CEO of Hermes Europe
- 2. email@example.com on Flexport expands air network to Chicago as it looks to raise another $500m
- 3. Alex Lennane on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 4. Bannerman62 on Manston row escalates as consultant slams potential for profitable freighters
- 5. Andrew on US developer's latest bid to buy Manston Airport just a 'sponsored land grab'