In the dock Headlines
News / New guidelines for UK courts could push hauliers into bankruptcy
New sentencing guidelines in the UK which propose heavier penalties for hauliers could force firms into ...
Recommends / Spain's ports shut down in 48-hour strike
There’s to be almost no loading and unloading in Spain again today. With 96-100% of ...
News / UK Express under fire as GMB union takes action over delivery drivers' status
The so-called “gig” economy has again come under attack with the GMB Union initiating legal ...
News / US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
US exporters and their freight forwarders are likely to come under increased regulatory scrutiny after ...
Fury Road: the driverless future – did Uber 'Google it'?
The Loadstar recently spent the best part of week visiting some of the new freight ...
News / Amazon hits back as delivery drivers claim they are legally employees
Amazon has responded to a class action by a group of independent delivery drivers claiming ...
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding chief also charged with issuing $25m in bribes
The turmoil in South Korea’s maritime industry continues. While the country struggles to make sure ...
Recommends / Diary… of a supply chain corruption investigator
Utterly absorbing account in London Review of Books of an episode in the life of ...
News / K Line launches court action against APL Logistics over false bankruptcy warnings
K Line has filed a lawsuit against Singapore-based APL Logistics, claiming its employees had wrongly ...
- 1.FedEx-TNT integration plans hit as cyber attack wreaks hi-tech havoc
- 2.Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
- 3.CEVA takeover back on the table – Geodis the main contender again
- 4.Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
- 5.Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
- 1. Najma Qureshi on Forwarder fightback against 'death threats' from online freight marketplaces
- 2. Gunther Ginckels on Port of Antwerp forms action committee to tackle ongoing barge congestion
- 3. Seetah Kowlessur on Comment: how logistics service providers can stand out in a tender
- 4. Mubin Mondal on Jeremy Nixon named CEO to lead management of Japan's Ocean Network Express
- 5. Luc Castera on Digitisation will bring a new era for shipping, but only 'the fittest' will survive