Index figures Headlines
News / Peak season a let-down for China-US carriers as ocean rates continue to slide
After eight consecutive weeks of declining spot freight rates on the headhaul legs between China ...
Comment / Just what we wanted? A way to avoid 'the commodity trap'
Parties active in the global steel business frequently use index-based pricing to govern the quality, ...
Comment / Container shipping: would a freight exchange drive rate volatility out of the system?
Each week the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI), along with other index providers and rate ...
News / TAC Index will provide air freight rate transparency – and looks ahead to financial markets
Shippers and forwarders can now access a real-time spot market air freight rates, as well as the possibility ...
News / Carriers may differ in strategy, but their aim is to bolster Asia-Europe box rates for peak season
The Asia-Europe components of the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) lost further ground this week, ...
News / India overtakes China to become emerging market with the most logistics potential
India has replaced China as the emerging market with the most potential to grow, according ...
News / Plunging sea freight rates bad news for air cargo as price gap hits new record
The continuing frailty of maritime container spot freight rates could spur a new era of ...
Comment / Container shipping: the bigger picture is looking even gloomier, says BIMCO
BIMCO is the latest container shipping industry association to paint a gloomy picture of low ...
Recommends / Expectations ‘brighter’ among freight forwarders, says Index
Forwarders – well, those who replied to the Stifel Logistics Confidence Index – are feeling ...
- 1.ONE container carrier network now predicting loss of $600m in its first year
- 2.DSV takeover bid for CEVA Logistics rebuffed, but CMA CGM eyes bigger stake
- 3.Market Insight Exclusive: Revealed – the AP Møller-Maersk Group reorganisation
- 4.Analysis: APMM vs GE – dinosaurs, but heading for extinction?
- 5.Market Insight: APMM restructure may be a real opportunity for Kuehne
- 1. Brendan Tout on Roll-out of new UK customs declaration system too slow as Brexit looms
- 2. David Maughan on Roll-out of new UK customs declaration system too slow as Brexit looms
- 3. Gavin van Marle on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
- 4. Capt.Bill Waldmeier... on Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
- 5. Akeo on Guest blog: how blockchain can strengthen supply chain links