Japan Post Headlines
News / 1,700 more redundancies as Japan Post pays the price for costly Toll takeover
Toll Holdings is to make a further 1,700 staff redundant, after owner Japan Post Holdings yesterday ...
Comment / Analysis: A Japan Post merger with FedEx? Just dreaming... or am I?
Sometimes one has dreams that are so life-like that when you wake, you’re not quite ...
News / Up to 200 jobs to go at Toll Group as domestic operations falter
Up to 200 Toll Group staff are facing the axe as the Australia-based logistics company cuts ...
Recommends / Aeon turns to Japan Post for Asian shipments
Here is the principal reason that Japan Post bought Australia’s Toll Holdings for such an ...
Recommends / Japan Post Holdings on acquisition trail, and not just logistics
After what couldn’t have been a firmer denial from Deutsche Post-DHL chief executive Frank Appel ...
Comment / Speculation grows over CEVA sale – K+N always on the acquisition trail, but would drive a hard bargain
Consolidation in the highly fragmented forwarding and logistics industry is on everyone’s lips right now. ...
News / Deutsche Post ponders sale of DHL Global Forwarding, with Japan Post the likely buyer
Deutsche Post DHL is considering spinning-off part of its forwarding business, with Japan Post being ...
News / Economics can be 'just a detail' when Japanese firms pull the M&A trigger
Japanese firms rarely show financial discipline in mergers and acquisitions (M&A). When they have plenty ...
News / Analysts query Japan Post's bid to buy Toll Group for $5.1bn
The logistics sector is set to see one of the largest acquisitions to date after ...
- 1.DSV's 'opening gambit' for Panalpina could trigger rival bids
- 2.Supply chain radar: DSV bids for Panalpina at Sfr170 a share
- 3.Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
- 4.Analysis: DSV + Panalpina – from Basel to the sleeping tiger of logistics disruption
- 5.Supply chain radar: Amazon vs container shipping lines – you're kidding, right?
- 1. David Pearson on TNT staff face uncertain future as FedEx eyes its European footprint, says insider
- 2. Joris Willems on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 4. Alex Lennane on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
- 5. email@example.com on Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'