Recommends / JD.com unveils its self-driving 'truck'
Tesla’s Semi troubles can be parked for the moment, with JD.com unveiling its own self-driving ...
News / JD Logistics attracts $2.5bn investment to develop drones and robot systems
Alibaba rival JD.com has attracted some $2.5bn of investment to expand the reach of its logistics subsidiary, JD Logistics ...
Comment / Analysis: lean into the future – the logistics plans of JD.com and Alibaba
“What we need to do is always lean into the future, when the world changes ...
Recommends / JD.com reckons cargo aircraft will give wing to logistics
Chinese e-commerce platform JD.com is eyeing plans to enter aviation, the South China Morning Post ...
Recommends / Has Walmart finally figured out China?
Another great blog from Cathy Morrow Roberson, on the Logistics Trends & Insights site, on ...
Recommends / Single's Day $45bn sales smash records in China
The numbers are simply amazing: Alibaba alone sold over $25bn worth of goods in one ...
Recommends / Delivery drone that can carry 2,000lbs of cargo
A 2,000lb payload translates to 907kg, or just under a tonne, and represents a massive ...
Comment / After its $3bn purchase of Jet.com, does buying a 3PL make sense to Wal-Mart?
“The retailer as conductor: Managing the resulting complexity will push retailers into a new role, ...
Recommends / JD.com eyes smarter logistics ecosystem with robots and drones
Chinese e-tailer JD.com has signed a “strategic partnership” deal with compatriot Siasun Robot & Automation ...
News / DHL ramps up operations to capitalise on booming Thai e-commerce and links with China's JD.com
DHL is ramping up its e-commerce operations in Asia with the launch of a next-day ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Frank Wang on Cargo handling industry looks for real-time visibility and connectivity to improve efficiency and productivity
- 3. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 4. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 5. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges