last mile Headlines
News / As e-commerce sales grow, 'free delivery' becomes more of a myth, says DHL
Ballooning urbanisation and the spread of smartphones has increased the complexity of last-mile logistics, according ...
News / Walmart tries to Spark interest in new Uber-style home grocery deliveries
Walmart is shifting into ‘Uber’ mode again. Less than three months after its collaboration with ...
News / Locus bids to hurdle India's last-mile barriers with artificial intelligence
Bangalore-based start-up Locus is using artificial intelligence to overcome last-mile logistics challenges in India. In one ...
News / Amazon set to take on its own last-mile deliveries as supply chain costs rise
Deep in the Q&A session that followed the publication of its latest quarterly figures yesterday, ...
Recommends / Delving into the problems of Amazon's last-mile deliveries
Absolutely fantastic in-depth investigation into working conditions for subcontracted drivers operating the Amazon Flex programme, ...
News / New business and success of e-fulfilment service boosts Wincanton half-year results
UK logistics provider and haulier Wincanton today beat analysts’ expectations, reporting a half-year operating profit ...
Recommends / Carriers seriously thinking of taking last-mile deliveries in-house
The continued growth of e-commerce sales has led to a commensurate increase in last-mile deliveries to ...
Recommends / Amazon’s Whole Foods deal: the winners and losers
Morgan Stanley analysts believe Amazon’s decision to buy Whole Foods was less about developing a ...
Recommends / Last-mile deliveries running closer to last-six-to-nine-miles
A report from industrial real estate developer CBRE has highlighted the actual distances of supposed ...
Recommends / Gig economy workers on their jobs: 'They do exercise control over us'
The Guardian’s coverage of the CitySprint and Deliveroo employment cases has been excellent, and the ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs