Latin America Headlines
People / Lorena Sandoval is AA Cargo's new MD for Florida, Caribbean and Latin America
American Airlines Cargo has appointed Lorena Sandoval (pictured above) as managing director of its Florida, ...
News / 'Outlook dim for Latin America trade in 2016', but Mexico is still shining
Trade prospects for Latin America are looking distinctly dim this year, according to a recent ...
News / American Airlines and LATAM eye cargo in antitrust request for metal-neutral alliance
American Airlines and LATAM are considering adding cargo to their far-reaching “metal-neutral” proposed alliance between ...
News / Cargo-savvy Aeromexico calls on Latin American states to modernise Customs
Aeromexico, which in two years has transformed its cargo business, has urged Latin American countries ...
News / Brazil's Viracopos Airport aims high and looks to higher-value cargo to rebuild momentum
Brazil’s Viracopos Airport is eyeing a business boost from more-valuable cargo that has special handling requirements. Two recent ...
News / Fear of corruption now the biggest obstruction to doing business in emerging markets
Corruption has been identified as the single biggest concern for companies doing business in emerging ...
News / More pressure on Centurion Air Cargo as Brazilian judge orders 747F impounded
The financial challenges that have plagued Miami-based Centurion Air Cargo and sister airline SkyLease resulted ...
News / Latin America trade may be flat, but there are opportunities – 'think outside the box'
Despite the challenges currently facing Latin American trade, there are still opportunities for innovative and ...
Recommends / Lower oil prices will hamper Latin America's manufacturing growth
The consensus among economists is that lower oil prices are good for consumers because it ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers