News / Investors worry as major box lines still falter on strategy for low-sulphur laws
Investors are increasingly concerned that, with only 18 months to go until the IMO’s 0.5% ...
News / Time pressure on carriers to decide on scrubbers or more expensive greener fuel
With just over 18 months until the IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap regulations come into force, ...
News / Survey - shipowners shun scrubbers in advance of 2020 low-sulphur rules
A survey of shipowners by Drewry reveals that two thirds are preparing to bunker their ...
News / Maersk hints at using LNG in post-2020 low sulphur shipping
Maersk Line is considering converting some of its ships to run on LNG fuel ahead ...
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
News / 'Prepare your vessels for new lower emissions rules or face the consequences'
Ships that do not comply with the forthcoming 0.5% sulphur cap on fuel oil could ...
News / Unifeeder launches first retrofitted LNG-powered shortsea box ship
European operator Unifeeder has launched the world’s first shortsea containership with a retrofitted LNG fuel system. The duel-fuelled, ...
News / 'LNG won't save us from harmful emissions, but it is a bridge to cleaner fuels'
Classification society DNV GL has dismissed claims that using LNG (liquefied natural gas) to power ...
News / War of words over whether LNG as a ship fuel is greener than low-sulphur oil
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a fuel-type presents a false dawn in shipping’s attempt to ...
News / CMA CGM presses ahead on LNG ships as WSC calls for new roadmap on emissions
Global shipping representatives have called on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to develop a new roadmap ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics 'officially a takeover target'
- 2.The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3.Moody's downgrades Maersk's credit rating amid fears for box shipping sector
- 4.Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
- 5.Supply chain radar: XPO Logistics' downfall is private equity's joy
- 1. Majid R. Pirkeh on Shippers with cargo on Maersk Honam must pay to get it released
- 2. GFERRULLI@GLOBALLOGISTICSANDTRANSPORT.COM on The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
- 3. dave g on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Lee on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs
- 5. incognito james on HGV driver shortage is 'a ticking time bomb' for UK logistics sector, say MPs