News / Time pressure on carriers to decide on scrubbers or more expensive greener fuel
With just over 18 months until the IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap regulations come into force, ...
News / Survey - shipowners shun scrubbers in advance of 2020 low-sulphur rules
A survey of shipowners by Drewry reveals that two thirds are preparing to bunker their ...
News / Maersk hints at using LNG in post-2020 low sulphur shipping
Maersk Line is considering converting some of its ships to run on LNG fuel ahead ...
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
News / 'Prepare your vessels for new lower emissions rules or face the consequences'
Ships that do not comply with the forthcoming 0.5% sulphur cap on fuel oil could ...
News / Unifeeder launches first retrofitted LNG-powered shortsea box ship
European operator Unifeeder has launched the world’s first shortsea containership with a retrofitted LNG fuel system. The duel-fuelled, ...
News / 'LNG won't save us from harmful emissions, but it is a bridge to cleaner fuels'
Classification society DNV GL has dismissed claims that using LNG (liquefied natural gas) to power ...
News / War of words over whether LNG as a ship fuel is greener than low-sulphur oil
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a fuel-type presents a false dawn in shipping’s attempt to ...
News / CMA CGM presses ahead on LNG ships as WSC calls for new roadmap on emissions
Global shipping representatives have called on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to develop a new roadmap ...
News / Brittany Ferries cancels LNG conversions for SECAs and opts for cheaper scrubbers
Leading European operator Brittany Ferries has cancelled plans to retrofit some of its fleet with ...
- 1.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 2.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making
- 1. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 2. email@example.com on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 3. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: COSCO and OOCL – a big, well-managed world leader in the making