News / 'Prepare your vessels for new lower emissions rules or face the consequences'
Ships that do not comply with the forthcoming 0.5% sulphur cap on fuel oil could ...
News / Unifeeder launches first retrofitted LNG-powered shortsea box ship
European operator Unifeeder has launched the world’s first shortsea containership with a retrofitted LNG fuel system. The duel-fuelled, ...
News / 'LNG won't save us from harmful emissions, but it is a bridge to cleaner fuels'
Classification society DNV GL has dismissed claims that using LNG (liquefied natural gas) to power ...
News / War of words over whether LNG as a ship fuel is greener than low-sulphur oil
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a fuel-type presents a false dawn in shipping’s attempt to ...
News / CMA CGM presses ahead on LNG ships as WSC calls for new roadmap on emissions
Global shipping representatives have called on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to develop a new roadmap ...
News / Brittany Ferries cancels LNG conversions for SECAs and opts for cheaper scrubbers
Leading European operator Brittany Ferries has cancelled plans to retrofit some of its fleet with ...
Recommends / Antwerp seeks feedback on new LNG bunkering facility
The Antwerp Port Authority Friday launched a consultation by questionnaire as it plans to build ...
News / The LNG-powered mega-containership – 'a trend whose time has come'
The entrance of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)-powered containerships on European waters could occur sooner than ...
News / Shipping lines being pushed towards LNG by looming low-sulphur emissions rules
With the notable exception of those from UASC, recent orders for newbuild ultra-large containerships have ...
- 1.Etihad pulls A330F fleet as US adds new security rules for Middle East airlines
- 2.The end of 'business as usual' for logistics as digitisation and the disruptors arrive
- 3.Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
- 4.Port of Southampton to lose call by Maersk/MSC Asia-Europe service
- 5.Maersk still weighs in as the world's largest container shipping line
- 1. Andy Lane on Japanese carriers may need to rationalise merged box fleet as new ships arrive
- 2. Freight logistics on Expansion continues in the Middle East for Crane Worldwide Logistics
- 3. Alex Lennane on Asia-Europe box carriers pessimistic over post-Chinese New Year demand
- 4. Andy Gillespie on Asia-Europe box carriers pessimistic over post-Chinese New Year demand
- 5. Stefan on Maersk and IBM launch blockchain joint-venture to 'reshape global supply chains'