Long Beach Headlines
News / Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
COSCO’s $6.3bn takeover of Orient Overseas International (OOIL), parent of container line OOCL, is now ...
News / Transpacific volumes break records at west coast ports as US confidence soars
With the US economy showing no signs of ending its bull run, California’s San Pedro Bay ...
News / Size isn't always important, especially when it comes to port connectivity
Shippers looking for more direct calls in the third choice of export ports may do ...
News / CMA CGM completes 90% sale of US west coast Global Gateway South terminal
CMA CGM has completed the sale of 90% of the APL terminal Global Gateway South, located ...
Recommends / Dock workers at port of Long Beach injured in chemical spill
Twelve longshoremen were injured over the weekend when a container leaked propyl acetate after being ...
Recommends / LA/LB port truck drivers and warehouse workers to strike Monday
Yet another strike. On Monday, some 100 truck drivers and warehouse workers in Los Angeles ...
News / ULCVs will ply the transpacific trade, but the ports are not ready for them
Despite a near doubling of the number of 13,000 teu-or-above vessels deployed on the transpacific ...
People / Mario Cordero appointed executive director at port of Long Beach
The board of the US west coast port of Long Beach has appointed former Federal ...
News / With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has continued to pick at the bones of erstwhile compatriot Hanjin, ...
- 1.Yang Ming the latest carrier to see its bottom line sink into the depths
- 2.Hapag-Lloyd becomes first container line to launch its own online rate quotation tool
- 3.Analysis: when it rains on Maersk, it can pour
- 4.2018 may be a write-off as shocking H1 numbers all but sink the liner industry
- 5.HMM stays bullish as it sinks deeper into the red, and vows it can cut costs
- 1. email@example.com on CH Robinson eyes job cuts in Fresh division as road unit drives first-half growth
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 3. email@example.com on Analysis: UPS continues to look inward, despite increasing M&A potential
- 4. The Truth on Christian Wurst appointed Panalpina's new CEO in Europe
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysts applaud record first half for 'top European transport pick' DSV