Merger Mania Headlines
News / Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
COSCO’s $6.3bn takeover of Orient Overseas International (OOIL), parent of container line OOCL, is now ...
Comment / Analysis: signs point to an 'M&A binge' in the wings of the logistics arena
It is easy to speculate that a flurry of deals worth billions of dollars – ...
Recommends / CJ Logistics to acquire majority stake in DSC
South Korea’s CJ Logistics is laying out $216m to take a 90% stake in US-based ...
News / Box terminals fare better financially than their carrier customers, but can it last?
The container terminal industry has been able to navigate around a predicted ‘perfect storm’ in Q1, ...
Comment / Analysis: a long wait, but the next big deal for DSV is in the making
Ever heard of the law of unintended consequences? Denmark’s DSV is running the risk of delaying ...
News / Kerry Logistics eyes growing African trade with takeover of Jo'burg forwarder SAS
Ambitious Kerry Logistics has expanded again with the acquisition of Shipping and Airfreight Services (SAS) in Johannesburg. SAS ...
News / No break up for Wincanton with profits on the rise, says CEO
Wincanton chief executive Adrian Coleman has poured cold water on breaking up the group as ...
Comment / ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
Rather unexpectedly, I have found myself considering the provocative idea of a merger or some ...
News / Telephones and emails the main hurdles as shipping steams towards digitisation
Manual processes like emailing and telephoning are the biggest challenge to Inttra’s plans to digitise ...
Comment / Analysis: Logistics M&A activity shaping up to be a big deal in Q2
M&A-related news has appeared with a vengeance lately in the transport and logistics industry, and ...
- 1.Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
- 2.Forwarders and carriers 'in the dark' as new IT system at Felixstowe sparks delays
- 3.Investors getting nervous as doubts are raised over COSCO takeover of OOCL
- 4.In the pink as ONE takes delivery of one's first containership flying one's colours
- 5.Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 1. Joseph Peter Campbell on Boeing facing legal action as Iran sues over cancelled contracts
- 2. Harry Perry on Low-sulphur fuel laws will see container lines 'all go bust', says MOL CEO
- 3. Aaron Smith on Brussels Airport cargo community the early bird with blockchain launch
- 4. Gary Ferrulli on Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
- 5. Craig Sanders on Shippers and forwarders fear repeat of last year's air freight capacity crisis